Home

NBA Off Topic Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-11-2023, 10:52 PM   #2313
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Off Topic Thread

https://boardroom.tv/kyrie-irving-anta-shoe-deal/

Kyrie signs with Anta. I thought he'd give one of those smaller shoe companies a shot.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:18 AM   #2314
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I don't see too many technical fouls on flopping unless it's egregious.

Neither do I. We already know the refs have a very hard time identifying flops in the moment. Unless the part where they don’t need to stop play immediately means someone in the background will review it while play continues, I don’t see how this will make that big of a difference but I hope I’m wrong.

At least they’re finally pretending to care though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-12-2023, 10:50 AM   #2315
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Neither do I. We already know the refs have a very hard time identifying flops in the moment. Unless the part where they don’t need to stop play immediately means someone in the background will review it while play continues, I don’t see how this will make that big of a difference but I hope I’m wrong.

At least they’re finally pretending to care though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see a lot of initial post-Tv timeout Technical free throws. I'm just wondering how it's handled with flopping that leads to foul shots. If an offensive player flops that leads to free throws, I imagine that they will review it then.

I don't think it'll make a difference either. Wasn't there supposed to be a fine or something a couple years ago and that didn't last long either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2023, 12:02 PM   #2316

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Only solution is for refs to stop calling soft fouls. Flopping is just an attemp to make every possible kind of contact a foulable offense. It has already infiltrated basketball too much at this point. It would be like taking diving or exagerrated contact out of soccer. You either watch it and hate it, or turn the channel. That is our choice lol.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:15 PM   #2317
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

It's a rule change that won't actually change anything but will make the fans who say "today's game sucks because flopping, nobody flopped in my day" but don't even watch games anyways, it will make them think they are making changes.

It won't solve anything. They still won't watch games, and then they'll move on to the next thing to complain about and label that as why they don't watch and why today's game sucks. Maybe a clip of a travel they see shared to FB. Then they can jump on that and rant that every single play is a travel and nobody traveled back when *insert whoever their example is* played.

I'm assuming for those of us who watch games this will have a VERY VERY small impact. Most "flops" now are to sell contact that actually occurred so the call isn't missed, or over-reacting to real contact to try and get a flagrant. Refs aren't going to give a flop penalty for a call that was correct, and it's going to be very difficult to govern how much a poke in the face, fall to the ground, tap to the groin, etc should/shouldn't effect each player.

It's not super common dudes are out here just flopping for no reason. And one of us usually points it out when we see them. Only ones I can even specifically remember as of recent games was Bron and Joker exchanged a couple in basically back to back possessions in one of the WCF games.. Other than that you've got Luka and CP3 once a week acting like they were trucked by Ray Lewis when somebody brushes against them while they are dribbling, and the Steph flailing to the ground once out of every 30 three point attempts or something.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:02 PM   #2318
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

This channel has quite a few full games from the 2010 era if anyone care.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #2319
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Silver spoke at the APSE Convention(Associated Press Sports Editors)and pretty much confirmed(without directly saying it)once the TV Deals are done, expansion will be next on the list with Vegas and Seattle being likely 2.

Timeline would definitely be more towards the end of the decade.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:30 PM   #2320
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
93 NBA All Star game - 22 million people watched (record high)
23 NBA All Star game - 4.5 million people watched

both games in utah so like a 80% decline
Last good all-star game was 2001.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »