Home

Who wants a game?

This is a discussion on Who wants a game? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Who wants a game?

the LIVE crowd has a lot of bad connections and gltichers, would much rather play fellow OSers. Post your GT here for some fun player matches where the difficulty isn't set to beginner.

GT: DMason55
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Who wants a game?

I just got it yesterday, but once I get a few matches under my belt I might be down. I've heard there's too much lag as well, but if it's playable, I'll look you up...
Old 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

therizing02's Arena

jack72906
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
MVP

teambayern's Arena

lag is not as bad as people say, its actually the kind of lag that makes it bad. Instead of slowdown, there is slight button delay, and random teleportation. That said, I've had relatively lag free games even when one player has a red light on his ping meter. The lobby system is a joke though, so that's why it would be good to find a group that plays reguarly. Also, the default on ranked (which is what everyone plays) is beginner level AI which makes a typical score line 6-4. We need to do a player match where (hopefully) we can bump up the AI.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
lag is not as bad as people say, its actually the kind of lag that makes it bad. Instead of slowdown, there is slight button delay, and random teleportation. That said, I've had relatively lag free games even when one player has a red light on his ping meter. The lobby system is a joke though, so that's why it would be good to find a group that plays reguarly. Also, the default on ranked (which is what everyone plays) is beginner level AI which makes a typical score line 6-4. We need to do a player match where (hopefully) we can bump up the AI.
Therizing & I finally got a couple of online games in last night. You're right about the lag -- it's playable in that it's not framerate drops, which are the real problem in most games. The occasional button delay and teleportation are manageable if not ideal...

The real problem is the difficulty level. Your teammates are relatively worthless defensively and the second defender pressure command does next to nothing. When did a 'player match' (ie, unranked) and while the difficulty level is listed in the game options, it is grayed-out and cannot be changed. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I thought I read back around release that Konami was working on changing the default online difficulty due to all the negative feedback. Maybe that was just someone saying they needed to that. Regardless, we're S-O-L for now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Wow QB came over to the other side.....I'm usually on and down for a game (for the OP or anyonw else). Surfgoon21
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Wow QB came over to the other side.....I'm usually on and down for a game (for the OP or anyonw else). Surfgoon21
Ha, took me a while, no? I really wasn't playing much FIFA (tired of messing with custom tactics, corrupted squad file so I lost all the CT assignments anyways), had a gift card & Madden to trade in, so I figured I'd give it a go. It seems like the series is back on track for single player play, but I'm disappointed in the online aspect. I pretty much knew that going in, but it still sucks that the whole experience is downgraded because they set the difficulty level to beginner.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am FAR FROM an online veteran in any game really...except the little bit I did with flight sims many years ago. Anyways I tried PES 2009 online iwth my PS3 this afternoon for one game. I don't have a wireless router so just hooked it up directly to my cable modem.

It worked pretty good. I didn't know how to get into the games and all but was eventually invited to play a 2v2. It ended up being a 2v1. But I found the experience to be pretty interesting and fun.

Heh...I didn't realize I needed to turn down my music and sound since I did not have a mic, and the other guys did. I couldn't really hear them. It was fun still.

One thing I noticed is that there wasn't as much passing as I'm used to. It might be because we've never played with each other before. But I tried to make sure I made good passes to my partner, he scored on one, and then had a couple of chances off of others. I found that gratifying.

I just wanted to share my experiences. Maybe I'll try this again. I just remember a few times I tried with other games and they had SO MANY CHEATERS....geez changing ratings, and all that..****de behavior...blah blah. But I'm encouraged by this afternoons test of online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »