Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 at Gamescom

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 at Gamescom within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 at Gamescom

One thing's for certain is that ball and net physics is still far superior in PES than in FIFA.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

So that will basically make PES one step above Fifa right? I'm asking, because this year is the first time I'm having doubts, but like I said. I've always been a PES fan and the last time I played a fifa was back in 2000.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #19
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Aloncho, IMO you missed the boat on FIFA. I think FIFA has been the better game, if ever, during the past 2-3 years. As a PES fan at heart, I think FIFA just did more things right during that time to warrant a switch. However, PES 2011 looks seriously impressive. FIFA 11, who knows how it will turn out. Initial impressions were very strong, but then the same guys felt that the Gamescon build was made more casual (speed greatly increased, pro passing toned down, ect.) PES has always have the upper hand in variety of play, shooting mechanics, unpredictablity, and real world tactical buildup. Now it looks to be pulling even in terms of animations and freedom of play. I think PES is finally back, but the month difference might still make it worth it to buy FIFA 11. I may buy it just to have something to hold me over, and sell it before 11/2 (FIFA holds resale value very well).

As for the release date, we do get shafted re: PES. EU gets it in Sept, UK on Oct 8, and us 11/2. Bogus. Anyone know if the UK copy will work over here? Any long-term problems in terms of patches working, playing other people online, ect? I don't want technical problems down the line, or getting booted from live, ect. I have a 360 by the way.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Thanks for the reply. You have now given me more reason to buy both and having a good time with good old PES while having a taste of what Fifa is all about. Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Just for the record...it's going to be a great year for Football games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

If FIFA had the ball and net physics of PES and veriety of goals you can score there would be no need to buy PES but from what i'v seen from the fifa vids they haven't improved in that department so it looks like you got to buy both games unless pes has become drastically better than fifa this year.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Both games it is then...I can always sell fifa if I don't like it or don't get used to it

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »