Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #25
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Thanks. Downloading now.
nevermind lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #26
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
Looking forward to trying out this demo.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5
Looks good. Played a game with Santo (me) vs. Flamengo and ended with a 1-1 draw.

I like how the trapping works, but i like it even better that balls that you get a foot on, or hard passes take realistic bounces. I got a goal on a deflected pass that Neymar scoop up since he was the closer one instead of Borges (intended target), and would do a nice heel kick pass to Ganso where I manually hit it off the post for the goal about 24 yards out. It was a beauty. Ronaldinho scored first against me on a nice one-two pass that ended with a cross to him for the header.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #28
Rookie

ecantona99's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
I know for full manual passing an arrow comes up and lets you direct the ball wherever you want to pass. Works really well in my mind as you can pass the ball ahead exactly where you want and could fit in some tight passes. As for shooting I don't really know. I am just shooting and using the left stick to guide to an area and it seems to go there. It shoots like FIFA in my mind.
Shooting is the same concept. If you hold down the modifier then an arrow will come up showing where you want to shoot the ball. I love it. Love the game. It is very fluid as was stated before. I think it will give FIFA a run for its money this year.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5
Just beat Italy with Germany 9-1. Outshot them 27(17 on target) to 3. Their three shots came in the final 5 minutes when I was trying to work on sliding and see how the help defense was. That was just a little too easy. I did finally score off of a corner. I don't know if was planned but I tried to go for the header and my guy just ducked his head so it bounced behind him to a wide open player who blasted it home.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #30
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Wow awesome!

I am at work right now so can a kind soul kindly answer the following:

1) What game modes are on? Is it just 1p vs cpu?
2) How large is the file size on the PS3?
3) How does it feel? Like 2011? Or the older PES'?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #31
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Just beat Italy with Germany 9-1. Outshot them 27(17 on target) to 3. Their three shots came in the final 5 minutes when I was trying to work on sliding and see how the help defense was. That was just a little too easy. I did finally score off of a corner. I don't know if was planned but I tried to go for the header and my guy just ducked his head so it bounced behind him to a wide open player who blasted it home.
Wow, what difficulty are you playing on? 9-1 is pretty crazy for the amount of time that we're given. I'm only playing on professional and most of the time only one goal is scored between both teams, if that.

This is my first time ever playing a Pro Evolution title and I'm having a blast with it. I'm not sure how this one compares with other games in the series, but I could definitely see myself picking it up. From a casual soccer gamer's perspective, I think it plays really well. I suck on both sides of the ball, but I figure I'll improve as I play some more. I'm really curious to know what type of career mode this game has and how deep it is. That will play a big role in my decision to pick it up because I know most of my friends list will be getting Fifa.

My complaints about the demo are pretty minor so far. For starters, I wish we had longer halves because the time goes by too fast. That really has nothing to do with the actual game itself, but it's hard to get the feel for a full game with the time that they've given us. I guess they're not going to provide you with but so much in a demo though.

I also wish that the graphics were a little better. The graphics aren't horrible or anything, but they certainly aren't anything special. They could definitely pop some more.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've experienced so far. I can't wait to try the Fifa demo to compare the two.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 07-25-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #32
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Wow, what difficulty are you playing on? 9-1 is pretty crazy for the amount of time that we're given. I'm only playing on professional and most of the time only one goal is scored between both teams, if that.

This is my first time ever playing a Pro Evolution title and I'm having a blast with it. I'm not sure how this one compares with other games in the series, but I could definitely see myself picking it up. From a casual soccer gamer's perspective, I think it plays really well. I suck on both sides of the ball, but I figure I'll improve as I play some more. I'm really curious to know what type of career mode this game has and how deep it is. That will play a big role in my decision to pick it up because I know most of my friends list will be getting Fifa.

My complaints about the demo are pretty minor so far. For starters, I wish we had longer halves because the time goes by too fast. That really has nothing to do with the actual game itself, but it's hard to get the feel for a full game with the time that they've given us. I guess they're not going to provide you with but so much in a demo though.

I also wish that the graphics were a little better. The graphics aren't horrible or anything, but they certainly aren't anything special. They could definitely pop some more.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've experienced so far. I can't wait to try the Fifa demo to compare the two.
Well....BAL blew Fifa's career mode out of the water last year so....you'd get much more traction out of PES than Fifa on that side.

A valid comparison would be between Live's Be a Pro mode and 2k's MyPlayer mode. The gap is that wide IMO.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »