Home

Is starting a Master League even worth it?

This is a discussion on Is starting a Master League even worth it? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

tylerr6's Arena

OVR: 0
Is starting a Master League even worth it?

I've heard the boots, progression, transfers, and basically everything are just broken this year. Teams won't send realistic offers, by the third year most teams have all 90s+, and just lots of bad news. I was really looking forward to starting as I just moved from FIFA because the gameplay feels much better in PES. Would I be wasting my time? Also, why do ALL teams have the same youth players? I'm confused! Also, if I take a team from the npower Champ., and select the BPL as the league to play in.. does it just automatically promote and relegate the top/bottom 3? Last thing: when selecting the 'Master League default lineup..' in the beginning, what does this do?

Basically I'm overwhelmed. Any help is appreciated. (I have 1.03 and the OPE option file with all the teams, for what it's worth.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Is starting a Master League even worth it?

I've had the most fun playing in the promotion league with the default master league squad. The issues with the transfers do make playing as a bigger club a hassle.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

If you're going to start an ML, you'd probably be better off ditching the OPE option file. The option file is great for exhibition games and cups, but the rosters are always a work in progress (to put it kindly). They also screw up the overall league structure, because you end up with the German league in the South American system. There are option files out there just include the kits/logos, so maybe go that route.

The boots issue was resolved with the latest patch. The "original lineup" option at the beginning decides whether you start off with real or fake players on your team. The defaults give the game more of a RPG feel (for lack of a better term), because you basically build your team from the ground up.

Last edited by dubcity; 01-02-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Is there any tried and true way to influence progression? Also, how quickly (or slowly) do players progress in this game.

I started a master league but in three tries after one year the only player to progress was a hidden star on my youth team.

Is this a problem with the game or am i doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »