Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
You would really prefer them to leave the antiquated gameplay engine for another year simply so some faces weren't wrong on the release date especially when they have said that faces will continue to be released. In the words of Chris Carter, "Come on man."
Like I said, I myself don't care. But releasing what from the sounds of it amounts to a half-finished product, is borderline suicide in today's gaming market. They've already lost a huge portion of their consumer base the past several years after releasing some pretty awful games. And now they're expecting gamers to accept a half-finished product? I don't know...
Old 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Butt hurt comments about faces is the least of my worries THAT can be edited for goodness sake...

My early impression is that gameplay and atmosphere is amazing so far.

This is a game that reminds me of what football kingdom might have been if it got a sequel on current gen.

STUNNING
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Like I said, I myself don't care. But releasing what from the sounds of it amounts to a half-finished product, is borderline suicide in today's gaming market. They've already lost a huge portion of their consumer base the past several years after releasing some pretty awful games. And now they're expecting gamers to accept a half-finished product? I don't know...
PES has never released with all the players correct from the start. Konami always releases huge data files that correct transfers, faces, boots, etc. It just so happens that this year there are more faces that are not realistic at release. More faces than normal not updated is not a "half-finished product." The comment was that he prefered Konami not to bother evolving gameplay just so that 200+ more faces would be accurate at release.

People that would consider PES half finished because more faces than usual aren't upgraded when the entire gameplay engine has been overhauled may want to just be satisfied with FIFA becuase they do make sure they have the visuals more accurate. Just don't expect the game to play any different than any of the previous 6 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
Uga
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Butt hurt comments about faces is the least of my worries THAT can be edited for goodness sake...

My early impression is that gameplay and atmosphere is amazing so far.

This is a game that reminds me of what football kingdom might have been if it got a sequel on current gen.

STUNNING
The comments about faces are kinda silly, wouldn't really detract from the gameplay anyway.
But, can't say I'm enjoying it as much as you are... The movement feels way too sluggish and slow. Maybe it'll take some time to get used to the new engine/animations, but just couldn't get into it after a half-dozen games so far.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
People that would consider PES half finished because more faces than usual aren't upgraded when the entire gameplay engine has been overhauled may want to just be satisfied with FIFA becuase they do make sure they have the visuals more accurate.
No, it's not that. i've heard some other aspects like ML haven't been upgraded, and have regressed and are even more bare-bones than before. Plus the usual lack of online mode upgrades along with the same online issues. Again, just what I've read.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga
The comments about faces are kinda silly, wouldn't really detract from the gameplay anyway.

The movement feels way too sluggish and slow.
So are comments about sluggishness less silly and of greater concern? Why do people feel they have to invalidate others' comments... especially when they then proceed to list their own issues and concerns.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't say its just the faces that need to be dealt with. Going by the demo, the ratings, which do matter to the game play, are way off.

For people who don't use option files, this is very frustrating. The game play is awesome, but the ratings being this poor is disappointing. Some of the ratings make sense if this was 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
I wouldn't say its just the faces that need to be dealt with. Going by the demo, the ratings, which do matter to the game play, are way off.
Something that's maybe of note here: overall ratings, especially in PES, don't mean a whole lot. That's one of PES' strengths actually: that player ratings affect the gameplay to such a degree that you can have low-rated players whose particular combination of skills are invaluable. More typical are games with a half-dozen ratings that all the top players are rated highly in, simply because those are the only ratings in the game that actually mean anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »