Home

Is PES Master League an option?

This is a discussion on Is PES Master League an option? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is PES Master League an option?

Hay all, im looking for feedback about PES 2015 regarding Master league, I enjoy football Manager games, and am looking for something thats quicker than Football manager (even Classic takes too long).

Ive been looking at the videos of master league, and it looks promising but i have one major question..

Do i have to play the games, or can i just watch/Manage them?

I have no interest in instant result games (i can do that in FIFA), i want to be able to watch my team play at the very least. (unlike FIFA sigh)

Thank you in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Is PES Master League an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBossa
Hay all, im looking for feedback about PES 2015 regarding Master league, I enjoy football Manager games, and am looking for something thats quicker than Football manager (even Classic takes too long).

Ive been looking at the videos of master league, and it looks promising but i have one major question..

I have no interest in instant result games (i can do that in FIFA), i want to be able to watch my team play at the very least. (unlike FIFA sigh)

Thank you in advance.
Coach Mode this year is pretty cool. You can either watch your team play from a camera of your choosing and/or switch to a Football Manager type of screen that displays live stats. You can also fast-forward in double speed.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBossa

Thank you in advance.
What KG said is correct. The AI in PES this year is fantastic, not only that but Konami redid the whole rating system, as last year there were too many high rated players, now there's a definite gap between the top players and less skilled ones in the game. I like coach mode, you'll see the top players/teams perform as they should, build up play, long balls, passing the ball around, tactics, etc.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Thank you for the quick replies. (you got me to 70% sold)

Coach mode - is that multi seasons, build squad, chose tactics etc?
Is this part of master league?
Does this also apply to the new My Club?

Could you give me any details about the mode, as i haven't played PES before.

1. how is money earned? (gate takings, prize money?)
2. Are there staff jobs to fill? (scouts, coaches etc..)
3. Can you change clubs? (job offers, vacant jobs)

Ive watched some Vids, but they all seem to jump thru the menus very quick, without explaining much about the workings of the mode.

I understand transfers are straight forward, get two smiley faces (lol)

Tactics - you can make a attacking, and a defending formation and play style?

How much control is there on how players play in each position? (individual instructions)
Old 11-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Answers Below

Coach mode - is that multi seasons, build squad, chose tactics etc? - Coach Mode is incorporated into Master League so you can play 1 game & then coach mode the next game if you'd like. You can change tactics in Coach Mode just like you can while playing a regular game.

Is this part of master league? - Yes
Does this also apply to the new My Club? - Not sure. It might be for MyClub games vs the CPU but definitely not vs another user.

Could you give me any details about the mode, as i haven't played PES before.

1. how is money earned? (gate takings, prize money?) - You earn money from Sponsors, selling players, and ticket sales for Home games + Home games win (bonus)
2. Are there staff jobs to fill? (scouts, coaches etc..) - There's a default scout but I don't believe you can upgrade or fire him/her
3. Can you change clubs? (job offers, vacant jobs) - Yes, after the year is over you'll see clubs interested in you or you can resign with your current club IF they want you back.

Ive watched some Vids, but they all seem to jump thru the menus very quick, without explaining much about the workings of the mode.

I understand transfers are straight forward, get two smiley faces (lol)

Tactics - you can make a attacking, and a defending formation and play style? - Correct, you can do that through Fluid Formations in the tactics thread.

How much control is there on how players play in each position? (individual instructions) - It's more of a team based approach but players have cards (think traits) and the key thing, they respect your team instructions. You can really get all men behind the ball if you'd like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Thank you again - now owner of PES 2015.

More help wanted please.

How fast do players develop in PES 2015?

What do the "availability" boxes (x5) on the player info taps mean? (transfer area)

Am i right that the darker the color, the better a player plays that position?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #7
Rookie

I haven't figured out for sure how players develope in this but sometimes I get message after game that says this player is showing real promise or something like that. Then it says he needs just little bit more playing time and his arrow changes red pointing up and it looks little bit different than normal red arrow. After I scored goal with Ola John he got 2 point better ovr than before. And 2 points again after the season was over. I had him like half of the season and he went 78->82 ovr. Few minutes ago I got same message about Mauro Icardi haven't playd game after that but propably same thing, after scoring or few games he will improve too. I'm not sure if the training makes players improve in certain areas first or is it just random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »