Home

CPU Crossing into the box (Adjustment/Editing Needed?)

This is a discussion on CPU Crossing into the box (Adjustment/Editing Needed?) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
CPU Crossing into the box (Adjustment/Editing Needed?)

@All -

Although I'm absolutely impressed with the AI in PES this year, I'm wondering if you all have noticed that particular teams (one specifically, Belgium's national team) does not cross into the box and would rather try to tiki-taka for a goal attempt. I would have expected Hazard on the wing to absolutely demolish me with his 1-v-1 skill and then send in some glorious crosses for Lukaku (or Origi) to put into the net. But it seems that their is some sort of hard coding that makes crosses almost not an option for the AI.

But then when I played Man U, they were crossing like bosses for many chances on goal...But in my defense...I was using Swansea, so no surprise there! LOL!

Any info on how I can adjust teams to cross more would be awesome!

But overall...I'm having a blast....you know when your really into the game when your getting a 5-1 drubbing and every goal the AI pulls off your like...damn...that was awesome! And you give them a slow clap for the goal while watching the replay reminding you of your mistakes! LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Crossing into the box (Adjustment/Editing Needed?)

Depends on two things. Team tactics for one. Having tactics set to Quick counter long ball and possession long ball means more crosses into the box. Also, giving Hazard early cross will make Hazard more likely to send in low and high crosses from the wing. For example, the only two A.I. COM styles Ashley young and antonio Valencia need are speeding bullet and early cross. Give them pinpoint crossing and it makes them even more deadly and realistic to play against, provided you have set the right tactics for Manchester United.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Depends on two things. Team tactics for one. Having tactics set to Quick counter long ball and possession long ball means more crosses into the box. Also, giving Hazard early cross will make Hazard more likely to send in low and high crosses from the wing. For example, the only two A.I. COM styles Ashley young and antonio Valencia need are speeding bullet and early cross. Give them pinpoint crossing and it makes them even more deadly and realistic to play against, provided you have set the right tactics for Manchester United.
Thanks for the reply man! I lurked over at evo-web and found the following as info as well to get 'more crosses' - - >

*Credit to a user by the name of 'angus' over at evo-web - - >

"As I mentioned before, players/teams with the following abilities/tactics will cross the ball plenty and effectively:

Pinpoint crossing
Long Ball Expert
Early Cross
Target Man/Adv Striker

Counter Attack
Long Ball Tactics
Wide Offense
Many on Offense
Low Compactness"

- - > Unfortunately, I don't have that in-depth knowledge to know about each individual player's actual abilities, so not sure I can determine who should have what abilities from those listed above nor team tactic wise....

Interestingly enough...although SUPER tedious...I used Klashman's tactic guide and implemented it for Liverpool and the difference in play was HUGELY evident! Before I did the tactical change, Liverpool was keeping the ball on their half for a majority of the game...no attacking whatsover...BUT when I implemented Klashman's tactics, good lawd...they picked me apart and were attacking with such fluidity...picking their spots...long balls...short passes for buildup in the appropriate manner...They drubbed me to the tune of 3-0...and that was at half-time! LOLLL!!!! Would have finished the game but had to catch the end of ND-Butler's overtime game...

I really hope next year that PES will allow for roster sharing on each platform so that we can all take advantage of Klashman's tactic guide!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Thanks for the reply man! I lurked over at evo-web and found the following as info as well to get 'more crosses' - - >

*Credit to a user by the name of 'angus' over at evo-web - - >

"As I mentioned before, players/teams with the following abilities/tactics will cross the ball plenty and effectively:

Pinpoint crossing
Long Ball Expert
Early Cross
Target Man/Adv Striker

Counter Attack
Long Ball Tactics
Wide Offense
Many on Offense
Low Compactness"

- - > Unfortunately, I don't have that in-depth knowledge to know about each individual player's actual abilities, so not sure I can determine who should have what abilities from those listed above nor team tactic wise....
Forget about all of those tactics and just remove agility and incisive run from COM play style. Removes the senseless CPU dribbling in from the wings and cutback pass. Edit about 8 teams and the players with that COM style and see how the game plays. Big difference
Old 04-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Forget about all of those tactics and just remove agility and incisive run from COM play style. Removes the senseless CPU dribbling in from the wings and cutback pass. Edit about 8 teams and the players with that COM style and see how the game plays. Big difference

Thanks for the response man...I will definitely give it a try...Now I got a noob question for you. LOL!

Where exactly do I make those changes and remove 'agility' and 'incisive run' for the CPU play style?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #6
Pro

Go to edit mode and click on edit players. Click on abilities. The only players I left alone when it came to incisive run were Messi, Robben, Neymar, Sterling, Ronaldo, and Hazard. There are quite a few mistakes in the default database. One only has to take a look at QPRs Steven Caulkers special abilities. They guy should have ZERO special abilities. You think Konami will offer you the truth? FYI: I will probably upload my PS3 Review edit file once I have confirmation that there will be no more updates that screw with edit data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Go to edit mode and click on edit players. Click on abilities. The only players I left alone when it came to incisive run were Messi, Robben, Neymar, Sterling, Ronaldo, and Hazard. There are quite a few mistakes in the default database. One only has to take a look at QPRs Steven Caulkers special abilities. They guy should have ZERO special abilities. You think Konami will offer you the truth? FYI: I will probably upload my PS3 Review edit file once I have confirmation that there will be no more updates that screw with edit data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would like to check that out what OF are you using by the way?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I would like to check that out what OF are you using by the way?
I`m using Paul`s option file. The guy does a ton of work on it every year.

http://paul2478pesoptionfiles.blogspot.com.au/

My edit file is compatible with the Mar 16 update (BLUS version). If you have that update I will upload it in the next couple days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »