Home

PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar Jr., Teaser Trailer Released, Full Reveal on Friday

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar Jr., Teaser Trailer Released, Full Reveal on Friday within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar Jr., Teaser Trailer Released, Full Reveal on Friday

Konami has just announced Neymar Jr. as the cover athlete for PES 2016 and sent us a teaser trailer, which can be seen here. We have added some screen captures from the trailer in our screenshots section.

The full game reveal is scheduled for Friday, June 12th.

The Pro Evolution Soccer franchise, will be celebrating their 20th anniversary this year. Read the full press release below.

Neymar Jr. Announced as the Global Cover Athlete for PES 2016; KONAMI Reveals Teaser Trailer

Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. today announced that Neymar Jr. will be the global cover athlete for PES 2016. The game publisher also released a teaser trailer -- the full game reveal will happen on June 12.

Neymar Jr. is the cover star of PES 2016 after his most successful season to date. The world famous forward saw his team win La Liga and Copa del Rey in Brazil with Neymar Jr. scoring in the final. He also went on to win the UEFA Champions League, an exclusive license in PES 2016, again scoring the decisive goal in the final, which completed a historic hat trick. Just 23 years old, Neymar Jr. has been the golden boy of Brazil since his teen years, and now captains the national team. His inspiring dribbling skills, together with deadly finishing and electric pace, make Neymar Jr. a soccer superstar, with the promise of much more in the future. Neymar Jr. will be featured on the PES 2016 cover and all marketing materials.

“This is a real honor for me to be the cover star for PES 2016," Neymar Jr. said. "The series has long been praised for its sheer level of control and utter realism and I am delighted to be working with such a talented team as Konami. I am fascinated by the huge amount of work involved in putting together the game and ensuring the world’s top players look and play just like the real things, and I cannot wait to see myself in action as soon as possible.”

"Neymar Jr. is a player that perfectly fits the PES brand and what we want to achieve," added Erik Bladinieres, European Brand Director of Football. "His unique qualities and the ability to surprise goes hand in hand with the gameplay experience in PES 2016. In our anniversary year, we want to celebrate the past, while we look forward to the exciting future of the brand. We'll do this with Neymar Jr. leading our campaign."

PES 2016 will be announced on June 12, and will feature information on Neymar Jr. as a pre-order exclusive player reward to be used in myClub.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar, Teaser Trailer Released

I guess all we need now is PES to do a proper PC port and not a hybrid.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking forward to hearing more. And I also hope that the PC version isn't dumbed down this year.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I can't wait!! I also hope the PC version is a proper port and not dumbed down.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar Jr., Teaser Trailer Released, Full Reveal on Fri

For those who love their in-depth trailer analysis, here's a good one:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pe...iler-analysis/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Cover Athlete is Neymar Jr., Teaser Trailer Released, Full Reveal on Fri

Damn, PES continues to own FIFA with the quality of those faces. They just need to add some animations this year and this game will look sweet.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Faces look much better than FIFA, but overall graphics of players still look like cartoons. I wish we could combine FIFA's presentation and overall package to PES gameplay.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
That teaser got me so hyped! The graphics are finally next gen, though the kits may seem to be a little behind on quality compared to the faces, mainly the shorts. Still so much time for them to polish it up. I'm just hoping the modes greatly inproved because the gameplay is definitely 👌🏼

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »