Home

PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

This is a discussion on PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay! within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

Hey everyone! This is a thread devoted to changing settings in the PES 2016 demo so we can achieve some realistic gameplay, with realistic team styles, while also having a fun game. Hope to get lots of feedback and people posting their own ideas and videos.

I have found that using fluid formations and making more "extreme" formations can make the teams play much more like their real life counterparts along with changing some of their tactics and some other things like game speed, passing assist, etc. I have found that it is giving me really good results so far and with a bunch of people working together we can discover some new amazing things this game has to offer!

Only bummer is demo does not save your game plan settings so it takes a lot of effort to go in and change everything.

-Devin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Re: PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

For the this first video i will post the at kick off, in position and out of position formations I used. I had a little fun and tried to play old school Juve with three at the back. I changed tactics a little but I can't remember the exact changes. Sometimes just to pull teams out of extremes like Bayern having their D Line really high.

Juventus

Bayern

My other settings are as follows
pass assist = 1 (wish it was a little harder to pass but I get destroyed on manual)
shooting = advanced (i find this to give a little more variety though sometimes you do hit the cross bar too much. it is because the aiming reticle only goes as far as the post when if you push analog all the way to the side it should go outside the post for advanced)
game speed = -1 (much better pace than normal, slows the pass speed down too, my ultimate would be if normal was just a little faster on reactions from -1 and same passing speed)

If there are any other options you are wondering about let me know but those are all the biggies I believe.

Look for how well my Juve gets back into its defensive formation, also they get players behind the ball even in the box not allowing easy through balls to be played in the box (I see a lot of this on PES 2016 videos because they aren't getting their mids and defenders to drop back). Also I had some good counters because of how many players Bayern puts forward, probably should have had my tactics set to counter to take advantage of that.

Last edited by dmendenhall_9; 08-14-2015 at 09:17 PM. Reason: missing pics
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Re: PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

Another video! I don't have the formations for this one but I tried to recreate some of Bayern high pressure so when out of possession I put their mids and forwards a little higher in the formations. Seemed to work well as the AI was all over me even in my own half. I played with Roma a little defensively to try and contain Bayern. Check it out!

Old 08-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Chatting with a guy on twitter and have realized that what you set your player position at is very important (center mid, defensive mid) You want to select your back mids as defensive mid when out of possession to get them to truly play defensively. It actually makes a pretty big difference in how your mids (and forwards and defenders) positions himself and plays.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

You should check out Klashman's blog, he has a lot of formations and really explains the tactics very well. This is based off of PES 15 but the same can be applied to PES 16 even though I feel like the tactics appear to work better than last years version.

http://klashman69.blogspot.co.uk/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
You should check out Klashman's blog, he has a lot of formations and really explains the tactics very well. This is based off of PES 15 but the same can be applied to PES 16 even though I feel like the tactics appear to work better than last years version.

http://klashman69.blogspot.co.uk/
Yeah! klashman is awesome, I read his tactics page for PES 2015 and it was good to review it again. The big thing is I differ a little bit from klashman when it comes to fluid formations. His in possession and out of possession do not differ a ton from each other. His in possession will still have the holding midfielders placed in their own half and out of possession will have attacking midfielders still in the opponents half. I find this causes mids to not get back but when you watch football the only guy who might not get back on d is a deep lying striker. Everyone else should be behind half defending. Also he does not seem to line up the mids horizontally on defense either. Where when i watch football the mids create a defensive shape where they make a parallel line with the 4 defenders in the back and they only break from that structure to track runs or close down on attackers that have beat their man. I also imagine that each position on the pitch has a little circle around which shows where that player wants to be when in attack or on defense. We need to have mids behind half on defense to get that little circle back there so they just dont hang out in the offensive half and do nothing. Again I am still experimenting with this but it seems be having really good results.

This is why I started this thread. I think making more "extreme" fluid formations (to more closely represent real football) makes a huge gameplay difference. It has for me at least. It plays more like real football and it tons of fun (will need 15 minute or 20 minute games to truly appreciate it).

Try some fluid formations out like the one I posted and let me know how it plays for you (like if that is a difference at all for you or not? (and post them too)). Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

This is PES 2016 on Fluid Formations that have been edited to defend.

This is PES 2016 on default settings. It is really bad, those three forwards (the one is just out of the screen) at the top just stand there and make no move to come back on their side of half. Also the three mids just run around crazy and don't hold any type of structure. So easy to pass right by them to the forwards, this was a huge problem in PES 2015 and fluid formations didn't even really fix it but this year it is soooooo much better because the formations actually work! Try them out some out like I posted above. They will make the game way better!

Last edited by dmendenhall_9; 08-16-2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I am not sure if you have to mess with formations necessarily but I am sure it helps. The only reason I say that is I played a game as Roma vs. Juve and I put both there settings when out of possession to all out defend and dropped the defense line as deep as I could and I thought it played well and was a back and forth battle. I did go down 1 - 0 so I changed my defense to frontline pressure and Juve got a lot more chances. I didn't touch formations I only adjusted the fluid formation settings themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »