Home

Standing still to close out games

This is a discussion on Standing still to close out games within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Standing still to close out games

This youtube video shows what bugs me in PES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xjYgxFH2y8

Having been excited to try both PES 2016 and 2015 on my new PC I can say this happens in both games, on superstar difficulty, even when you're winning. I've tried various things like adding frontline pressure tactics for the CPU, adding ball winning ability for the attackers, nothing works. Some teams' forwards did come at me after a while, but it's too easy to play it to a teammate who can stand and wait for another 20 seconds and so on.

If I'm correct in PES 2013 you had to keep passing the ball which I did at the end of games when I was up a goal. In FIFAs 11 and 12 the CPU would go full pressure in the final ten minutes when losing, or you could customize the top CPU teams to press you hard. Those games there was a chance of you losing the ball, it was tense, you had to keep focus or you'd be punished.

For me it's about the competitiveness, trying to really win no matter what once the whistle blows. I've always made rules or limitations for myself in games. A certain tactic I don't play, certain setting I don't use, something clearly definable. I'm sure some people would tell me to play properly but this is frustrating, what is the proper way here? Count the number of seconds I'm allowed to stand still with the ball when trying to hold on for the win?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #2

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Standing still to close out games

Yeah, it's lazy programming. They just assume people aren't going to do that, but it's still a game breaker to a certain extent. People use this to farm GP on MyClub. I'm sure barely anyone has complained about this to Konami, so it has been ignored like all the other single-player bugs.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yup, noticed that since PES 2015, konami is just ridiculous.. doesn't bother me though because I only play offline and I won't do that.

What bother's me is in PES 2016, they added a feature of the AI trying to waste time by keeping the ball in the corner flag, I was loosing 5-0 at the time so it wasn't quite realistic, I even tried to move my defenders to give them an open room towards my goal but the AI stood still in front of the corner flag
Old 12-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

I stood in front of goal with the ball, and the defender took it from me. I know they didn't in 15, so could this video be from last uears games?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
I stood in front of goal with the ball, and the defender took it from me. I know they didn't in 15, so could this video be from last uears games?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yeah I haven't had that happen to me on '16 yet playing on TP. In '15 it was a big problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Yeah this was an issue last year.

This year, at least in every game I have played, this does not work at all.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow. Thanks. That is indeed true, it doesn't work in 2016. I guess I've been looking at so many things this got messed up in my head. I was convinced I preferred 2015 because there's so many things I don't like in 2016 but this decides it in favour of PES 2016.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #8
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Well I take back what I wrote partially.

I have only played regular and above difficulty.

Last night I played some myclub, I have played maybe 4 matches in this mode total. I had a match against the cpu it set me on amateur since I just started. This did work vs amateur.

Its not as bad as the vid. The cpu on am wont come and get you but over about 5 minutes they will hop closer and if the hop close enough it will spark them to tackle. Fifa on lower difficulties does this same thing.

I entered the CL tourney and faced zenit on regular. I scored a goal to go up 1-0 and tried to stand still and it did not work on regular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »