Home

PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

Compared to PES 16, I'm ridiculously excited for this game. I did not expect a full blown out, new, game. I expected a 16.5 with some added tactics. I did not expect a bit more physical game or better ball physics.

When your expectations are as low as it is coming in, it's hard not to get excited about what has already been shown. I remember we had very little information and even breaths of it possibly being a mobile only game, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #26
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Compared to PES 16, I'm ridiculously excited for this game. I did not expect a full blown out, new, game. I expected a 16.5 with some added tactics. I did not expect a bit more physical game or better ball physics.

When your expectations are as low as it is coming in, it's hard not to get excited about what has already been shown. I remember we had very little information and even breaths of it possibly being a mobile only game, lol.
I hear you I don't think any of us expected it and it has taken a while for them to get the Fox Engine to work well with the game. Even though I still feel there are little bit of the annoying niggles left over from PES 16 I think we can say they are moving in a positive direction.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 09-02-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #27
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
As far as physics, I'm talking about foot planting, inertia, things like that. In PES, every player feels loose, they turn on a dime and shoot without effort, missed tackles mean nothing, because defenders easily sprint back without penalty. That's the physics I'm talking about.
We all know we're never gonna get a game that does that on default settings. The herd are casual babies. So why do you expect it? That's why they allow you to switch settings. When you switch gamespeed settings all those things you mentioned matter. So I think your entire framing of this issue is off. It's almost like you are playing dumb on purpose -- and that's why I mentioned an ulterior motive possibility.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
We all know we're never gonna get a game that does that on default settings. The herd are casual babies. So why do you expect it? That's why they allow you to switch settings. When you switch gamespeed settings all those things you mentioned matter. So I think your entire framing of this issue is off. It's almost like you are playing dumb on purpose -- and that's why I mentioned an ulterior motive possibility.
Now, now - Johnny is a well respected brother of OS, so there's no need to go to those depths. I think the statement made is just out of frustration in hopes of getting that football game that we allwant, and the potential of not having it - for another year (going on X amount of years), boils over once in a while.

FIFA's demo isn't out yet, so there is a hard comparision to draw from, other than PES 17 Demo to FIFA 16 current status, and that is definitely not a valid apples to apples comparison.

Let's see how the continued feedback on the PES demo goes when FIFA demo drops next week.

FWIW, I still stand firmly that you can't compare these two games, just have always felt they're after different things, and their entire interface has different intents. This is why I've never had a problem with getting both, and that's a great problem to have .
Old 09-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #29
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

I went back to 16 to make a few vids for someone who posted in the demo thread.

It's shocking, the differences.

I went to 2 pes forums last night and was reading through demo threads and was amazed at the amount of people that said "feels like 16" "looks like 16"

I have no clue what demo people are looking at or playing. Maybe they need to go back and play 16 again.

It's night and day and painfully obvious, the differences.

16 is stiffer and the middle of the pitch is wide open always.

17 is pretty damn silky and the D plays much tighter.

Oh yeah, that was the other part of most of the posts at those forums. Feels like 16 followed up by I can't seem to score.

Been awhile since a game truly had me excited for it to come out but PES 17 is doing that right now.

Last edited by BL8001; 09-02-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #30
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Also, don't think I've ever seen advantage played in any of my games with the demo.
Just played one match and there were two times an advantage was played by the cpu. It's definitely in there. But I do hope the full game improves on the logic of advantages.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Just played one match and there were two times an advantage was played by the cpu. It's definitely in there. But I do hope the full game improves on the logic of advantages.

I wish PES had some on-screen notification like FIFA where it lets you know there is an advantage. Sometimes the ref in PES is trailing the play and you can't tell if there's an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #32
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Hi Orion!

As far as I can remember you were not particularly positive about fifa16 neither, right?
No. I though FIFA 16 started out brilliantly, but the succession of patches all but ruined the game for us sim players. The final patch did make some improvements, but overall, yes I would categorize FIFA 16 as a disappointment.
And yes Matt, you are correct. I am completely frustrated with both games inability to "get it right," and make no mistake, neither game has gotten it right this console generation. FIFA 14 was the closest, but that was more or less a port of past gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »