Home

PES 2017 Tactics

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Tactics within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #41
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Tactics

Here is the 2nd Half of a match I played last night. I tried to set up West Ham and Tottenham offensive tactics to play more realistic. Tottenham has Possession/Short Pass/Wide/close support range (support range plays an important role in how team plays possession or counter attacking football). This is in an effort to get them to play possession football with short passes, IRL they have 56% possession and 82% passing. West Ham has Counter Attack/Short Pass/Wide/medium support range because their possession is less than 50% but passing is still around 80%.

I was playing in a cup mode in a knockout game so there are a couple times where Tottenham goes Full Attack in an effort to get the win and their play becomes much more direct. Was fun to see them change and try to stop their attack and then counter quickly.

I accidently stopped recording but here was the winning goal from the match too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdeJUcrKKM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #42
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Not sure it is the right place to ask, but what game length are you using guys?
I am playing 30min games, having good stats (a bit high shot numbers +15 for both user and cpu), but 30min is kind of very long.
Made the switch to 25 last night. 20 is fine, but shot and fouls #s were a bit low, so made the jump.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-20-2016, 08:37 AM   #43
Pro

I am sorry if I sounds dumb, but dmendenhall could your write step by step your recipe to lessen cpu tendency to play direct forward passes please?

So far I am not suffering to much from cpu direct approach with default tactical setting for user and cpu (direct style teams seems to adjust if you block them properly), but I would like to make a comparison.

I am not sure if I should activate FF first (both user and cpu?) then make "out" and "on" possession identical and finally attribute more defensive role to my players in the "out" possession formation... What else? change pressure style?... I am lost ... please...
Old 09-20-2016, 08:37 AM   #44
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Not sure it is the right place to ask, but what game length are you using guys?
I am playing 30min games, having good stats (a bit high shot numbers +15 for both user and cpu), but 30min is kind of very long.
I am obsessed with getting right amount of shots per game b/c it is the one stat you want to reflect real life as closely as possible. A game will never feel right if you are getting way too many shots or not enough. Here is a chart from Premier League season so you can get an idea of what shots should be at. The only problem with PES 2017 is shots on target is not calculated correctly. If you take a shot and it is going to be on target but it is blocked the game will still count this shot as on target (in real life it is calculated as Blocked and not on target). I discovered this one day when I took a shot and there was a crazy block, went to watch the replay and saw that it said 1(1) on stats menu. Kinda of lame but it is more important to just look at total shots, to try and calculate the % on target would be much more difficult as it would have to be done manually, ha.

Stats from my last game

Old 09-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #45
Rookie

PES 2017 Tactics

Man, after like a thousand matches, I finally got Real Madrid to play like IRL. I had a blast playing as Arsenal against them, Ronaldo was man of the match, he was incredible. I edited him and Bale so they stop sprinting down the wings like headless chickens with the ball and also other players like Casemiro or Kroos, and it worked wonders.

I changed all the tactics following dmendenhall's tips, and I really liked what I saw. I finally got them to play more possesion football. They destroyed me on superstar difficulty and I shot for the first time on the last minute of the match, but who cares, it was a joy to play. I uploaded some minutes of my match so everyone can enjoy the power of pes' tactical side + player ID and can compare it to the real Real Madrid.

https://youtu.be/Tb8Qpx0TnHE

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited by dcar87; 09-20-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #46
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Can someone, dmendenhall or someone else please specifically and extensively write out what his tips are? I keep seeing them mentioned, but never anything more than changing positions for players using FF when dropping back on defense.

Can we get a screencap of the tactics you're using? A list of what you're using for the AI, etc? Someone, anyone?!

I had some more success last night but that's with doing extensive formation editing, and turning FF off for the AI.

My main goal is still to get the AI to play heavy possession football. Just trying to start with an extreme and then move from there.

Currently, all I see is the AI holding possession at or behind midfield, and then hitting a long through ball or a quick move to suddenly be in on goal. What I'm not seeing is them attempting to hold possession in my defensive area. They hold at midfield...and then attack!! Possession at midfield is one thing, but them trying to kill me with possession is what I'm trying to replicate.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-20-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Can someone, dmendenhall or someone else please specifically and extensively write out what his tips are? I keep seeing them mentioned, but never anything more than changing positions for players using FF when dropping back on defense.

Can we get a screencap of the tactics you're using? A list of what you're using for the AI, etc? Someone, anyone?!

I had some more success last night but that's with doing extensive formation editing, and turning FF off for the AI.

My main goal is still to get the AI to play heavy possession football. Just trying to start with an extreme and then move from there.

Currently, all I see is the AI holding possession at or behind midfield, and then hitting a long through ball or a quick move to suddenly be in on goal. What I'm not seeing is them attempting to hold possession in my defensive area. They hold at midfield...and then attack!! Possession at midfield is one thing, but them trying to kill me with possession is what I'm trying to replicate.
I know what you mean, but I think that's intentionally avoided because I'm not sure it would make a very fun gaming experience for the average player.

In order for it to work against a human in the game, that human would basically have to want the CPU have the ball for extended periods of time.

The other option would be to script it that way, but I for one hate when sports games force things and take control and options from me for the sake of looking the part.

I mean, I get it, people here aren't your average casual players. LOL But the reality is, if the CPU were so inclined, it could keep the ball indefinitely. Imagine how frustrating that would be. It would just feel way too forced, IMO.

All that said, I feel ya. And I'm in no way saying you're wrong for wanting it to operate that way. I just feel like human players are too good, and AI not good enough without cheating, to make such a game possible yet.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #48
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredfan
I know what you mean, but I think that's intentionally avoided because I'm not sure it would make a very fun gaming experience for the average player.

In order for it to work against a human in the game, that human would basically have to want the CPU have the ball for extended periods of time.

The other option would be to script it that way, but I for one hate when sports games force things and take control and options from me for the sake of looking the part.

I mean, I get it, people here aren't your average casual players. LOL But the reality is, if the CPU were so inclined, it could keep the ball indefinitely. Imagine how frustrating that would be. It would just feel way too forced, IMO.

All that said, I feel ya. And I'm in no way saying you're wrong for wanting it to operate that way. I just feel like human players are too good, and AI not good enough without cheating, to make such a game possible yet.
What I'm dreaming of isn't too crazy, even if it's not attainable. I don't want to see the AI never relinquish possession, I just want to see them build an attack within my defensive zone. Play the ball in, I try and close down, they cycle it back out. I don't want them to just run around the midfield with the ball, or to keep it away from me.

I know it's most likely going to be impossible, but I'm going to keep trying just a bit more. I just want to hit that extreme of possession, as I know we can hit the extreme counter attack easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »