Home

Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics.

This is a discussion on Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics. within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics.

Could it be due to the fact that you set 4 atackers (red) in Arsenal's In Posession formation? All these 4 players move forward and midfielders follow to very advanced positions as well?
Old 11-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker
Could it be due to the fact that you set 4 atackers (red) in Arsenal's In Posession formation? All these 4 players move forward and midfielders follow to very advanced positions as well?
It is what I thought too, but I have by now moved Ozil to an AMF role in possession and this is still happening. One thing I see that could cause this is the false 9 advanced instruction. That would explain why it affect more the user than the cpu, because the cpu barely (at least not constantly) use the advanced instruction we set up for him.

I will make a quick test this evening after work.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #59
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
It is what I thought too, but I have by now moved Ozil to an AMF role in possession and this is still happening. One thing I see that could cause this is the false 9 advanced instruction. That would explain why it affect more the user than the cpu, because the cpu barely (at least not constantly) use the advanced instruction we set up for him.

If you use the False 9 advanced instruction the AMF will become a Striker. He will let the CF come back and receive the ball and then he will make runs into the box. Not sure if you have tested with False 9 off. Other option would be to make Ozil a CMF, he will stay back further and look to receive and make passes from a less advanced position.

You can see it happen in this video at 9:30 and 11:11. Totti comes back to receive and Nainggolan makes a direct run into the box. https://youtu.be/cmKmJ7Pi7Do?t=9m30s

Last edited by dmendenhall_9; 11-28-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add video
Old 11-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
If you use the False 9 advanced instruction the AMF will become a Striker. He will let the CF come back and receive the ball and then he will make runs into the box. Not sure if you have tested with False 9 off. Other option would be to make Ozil a CMF, he will stay back further and look to receive and make passes from a less advanced position.
Interesting, not really what I want to happen. I thought mostly SWF (wingers) would dive into space. I am still wanting Ozil to be in a playmaker position, but not as deep as a CMF would do.
I will try to set the false 9 off when I will be back home just to see how it affects FB behavior. Probably setting Sanchez as a SS in possession is enough to make him play close to how it does IRL. It is working quite well with Liverpool.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:20 AM   #61
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Some testing I did on getting teams to play the long ball correctly. Using Royce and Papinho's idea of having short pass with high bar support or long pass with low bar support. I like what I see and gives me ideas on how to set up teams to play long ball as long pass with high bar support just doesn't work. They bomb the long ball instantly and it never seems to work. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #62
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Interesting, not really what I want to happen. I thought mostly SWF (wingers) would dive into space. I am still wanting Ozil to be in a playmaker position, but not as deep as a CMF would do.
I will try to set the false 9 off when I will be back home just to see how it affects FB behavior. Probably setting Sanchez as a SS in possession is enough to make him play close to how it does IRL. It is working quite well with Liverpool.
Yeah, I noticed it when playing with Roma. I used Totti as SS and turned on False 9 so I could use his passing skills but noticed Nainggolan was pushing forward so much. Kind of frustrating but I couldn't get it too play much different than that with False 9 turned on.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:41 AM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Some testing I did on getting teams to play the long ball correctly. Using Royce and Papinho's idea of having short pass with high bar support or long pass with low bar support. I like what I see and gives me ideas on how to set up teams to play long ball as long pass with high bar support just doesn't work. They bomb the long ball instantly and it never seems to work. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Dmend,

after watching your video, it seems to me that, long ball & short range & possession give the better balance between a long ball team spirit and not wasting every single possession by hoofing the ball immediately (Royce, it is what you suggested at some point too?)
On the other hand short pass & large range & counter attack do not quite do it, the cpu play mostly through ball instead of long ball over the top.

Last edited by papinho81; 11-29-2016 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:

Removing the false 9 advanced instruction solved the issue I had with Arsenal FB when set as SMF on the on possession formation.
I will post tomorrow an updated version of Arsenal tactic with Liverpool (same as already posted) and Everton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »