Home

Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

This is a discussion on Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses... within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

We have to be careful us modders now becuase EA and the premier League will look for any excuse to take our work down and threaten us with copyright, we at PES Universe have already been threatened a few times, and its all fear tactics, we sell none of our work, the whole 5/10 pound charge was for USB with everything set up as a convenience.

EA with the Premier league are moving to gestapo levels now with this, they have even destroyed their own PC modding community by making FIA 17 unmoddable!

The time is now for us as the PES community to stick together as much as possible
Old 12-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
Rookie

crash2772's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
The potential is there with the option files, it's just a shame that Konami doesn't seem to recognize the importance of making editing easy on the file makers. They have to stop shooting themselves in the foot with things like image limits, and ideally it would be great if you could apply 'Live Updates' without screwing up any created leagues, teams, tactics, etc.
I totally agree. I have to assume Konami has done a S.W.O.T. analysis of their company/product. They're blind if they dont realize their biggest strength CAN be the community developed material. Why spend millions on sponsorship's when we can do a more complete job?

SI Games caught on and added the comprehensive editing suite to their game years ago. Football Manager always had more teams/leagues, but then they upped the ante to allow nearly every team/league in the world if someone put in the effort. Even with the restrictions Sony and lawyers put in place, there are plenty of ways to give us the ability to edit and create far beyond what we have now. Next Gen gaming means Konami are only scratching the surface.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
bc1
Rookie

Yeah, option files done well are actually much better than Fifa.

I miss the old MLS option file from the PS3 days...case in point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klashman69
We have to be careful us modders now becuase EA and the premier League will look for any excuse to take our work down and threaten us with copyright, we at PES Universe have already been threatened a few times, and its all fear tactics, we sell none of our work, the whole 5/10 pound charge was for USB with everything set up as a convenience.

EA with the Premier league are moving to gestapo levels now with this, they have even destroyed their own PC modding community by making FIA 17 unmoddable!

The time is now for us as the PES community to stick together as much as possible
Those companies are destroying their most ardent and loyal communities.

Any company that tries to take customization and power away from the gamers is on the wrong side of history. Plain and simple.

We have entered a new age. The gamers want the power!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:14 PM   #13
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
I went to play PES today and had to do an update. Now some of the teams in the leagues I set up with option files have reverted back to their generic names and uniforms. Any advice? Will this always be a problem with option files?
Old 12-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
I went to play PES today and had to do an update. Now some of the teams in the leagues I set up with option files have reverted back to their generic names and uniforms. Any advice? Will this always be a problem with option files?
Unfortunately, yes.

When a data pack or live update is available, it moves players back to their original teams since it is an update to the default roster. If the option file ONLY consisted of team name, kit, and stadium updates, those would stay in tact. Renaming generic national team players would be fine as well.

However the main issue is in the case of the PES league, typically that is turned into Bundesliga. If it were turned into that and only kits and players were edited, things would be fine. However since a lot of players in that league are already in the game due to being on a licensed national team (like Germany) the players need to be selected in rather than the generic team player updated, otherwise there would be duplicates of them in Master league. Then once the data pack/live update is applied, those players go back to the default team. In the case of Bundesliga, all edited players will stay, but the real ones that were selected get replaced by the original generic player.

There could be options such as if you apply the dp/lu, if a national team player is not assigned to an in game team, leave him on the generic team he is assigned to. Or applying the update only updates player abilities (excluding the generic players on generic teams) but give you the option to apply player moves, so you can decline to not mess up your rosters.

Because of that, in the past I always only looked for an option file that had names and kits updated, no leagues created from the generic leagues, and no players transferred. That is always hard to find though.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #15
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by klashman69

Very much looking forward to playing with your tactics my man. Planning on quite a bit of PES over the holiday with the new file coming.

Thanks for all the hard work, I can't imagine how much tinkering and testing must be involved for such a massive project.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #16
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'd like to see the return of PES stadium creator. Also, a college football version of Madden with a robust edit mode and file sharing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »