Home

Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

This is a discussion on Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses... within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

It’s no secret that the debate between FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) usually starts and ends with licenses. With Konami and EA Sports in a race to secure as many licenses as possible, sometimes every gamer suffers in the long run. Thankfully, the PES community is a dedicated bunch set on providing gamers with the most authentic experience possible given the constraints of the system (in this case we’re solely talking about the PS4).

Read More - Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...
Platform: PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...

I agree it is one of the many reasons why PES is still relevant. I hope they can continue to expand the edit mode next year would love for us to be able to add custom chants and create stadiums.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20
Option files don't mean a damn thing to Xbox One owners because they can't use them with that machine. So licensing is a hell of a lot better than option files for us XB1 gamers.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
The potential is there with the option files, it's just a shame that Konami doesn't seem to recognize the importance of making editing easy on the file makers. They have to stop shooting themselves in the foot with things like image limits, and ideally it would be great if you could apply 'Live Updates' without screwing up any created leagues, teams, tactics, etc.

I'm still a bit perturbed that the Stadium Creator hasn't been brought back yet, no idea why they'd remove something so crucial to making the game more authentic.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wonderful article. Thank you for writing it.

Licenses are way over-hyped. I would take a fully fleshed out edit mode, full with deep customization options any day over a restrictive license. The license holder is always necessarily restrictive. As an example, Look at NFL Blitz reboot, no late hits were allowed... which was essentially the whole essence of NFL Blitz. They want to protect their brand. That's in conflict with gamers, who want to be free and want to customize to their tastes.

Further, the community of users is 100x better than any company could ever be at details and creativity.

And further, editing builds a community like no other. A loyal following that shares ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13
any suggestion on which file is the best to use, or should i say completed as i am looking to start a master league soon!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

rschech13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
any suggestion on which file is the best to use, or should i say completed as i am looking to start a master league soon!
Personally I like PES Universe's files. Good quality and the guys at that site are really dedicated to their craft.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
PES Universe makes great files, and they generally offer them for free. I'm also a long time fan of Daymos, and he's a really cool guy as well, easy to contact if you ever have any questions or issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »