Home

PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #57
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Pass assist on PA1 is wayyyy less assisted than last year and manual passing is quite a tricky beast compared with last year. For me, manual remains the way to go also because if you filter opponents with the same passing assist level than you, you get a more respectful population of players (in my experience) without having to wait much more time.

Interestingly I found that advanced shooting gave the most sensitive/difficult experience in front of the goal compared with basic or even manual.
Thanks for the advanced shooting tip.

I literally cannot find a game when I use manual w/ the similar assistance level setting. You are lucky, I always have to choose no restrictions.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #58
Rookie

PRO_TOO's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
My friend, how did you get a manual v manual match? Since it only lets you sort by "similar level."
i just set up all manual (shot pa lvl0, shots manual), similar settings, network lvl4... then wait a minute... bling... matched! worked good the last 3 days. the evenings and weekends are pretty busy, but in the morning hours i had the best lag free online performances.
the beta "found" me 3 new users for my friends list. they did play manual AND they did play build up... not just counter attacking all the time. i like that type of player as it suits my style of play. build up, looking for that one possibility rather than spaming crosses or dribble to death. you know what i mean.

its sad that only pa lvl is taken into account when matching players with similar settings. i was lucky as the guys i played had manual shots enabled too. in the game, you can still change shot settings to basic (later), but as i said, my opponents were all manual!

one more thing: playing manual really changes the game experience for me. its even slower, you think about passes you wanna do more, and its more rewarding, imo. assisted passing never let me do the stuff i wanted to create. some passes are just not possible.
just my 2 cents.

Last edited by PRO_TOO; 07-24-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #59
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Happy to hear that from you
Could you share some screen/video about game plan or could give me a good review about new stuffs/ behaviors ?
I'm on PC and I've to wait september before try it... .

Thnks
I'll see if I can upload something later today. I still don't have too much of an opinion about the tactics yet due to only playing human opponents for now, I really want to wait for the demo to judge it properly.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'll see if I can upload something later today. I still don't have too much of an opinion about the tactics yet due to only playing human opponents for now, I really want to wait for the demo to judge it properly.
After playing ~10 games in beta it seems like tactical part of gameplay is pretty much the same as before (forwards not defending, midfield being passive etc.). It will be easier to tell the difference when it's possible to play against cpu.

I have liked the gameplay and game mechanics and will probably buy the game at some point. It would be nice if they made some improvements to tactics so there wouldn't be as much editing game plans to get the gameplay right. After playing online I can see that many players care more about dribbling than build up so I can understand why they are focusing more on game mechanics.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #61
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm trying not to judge the gameplay, because I know this was an old build. Looking forward to the demo.

Thoughts on online:

- Matchmaking was very slow at times. My first game took 10 minutes to connect.
- Once connected, it seemed connection was pretty good. I do have Fios Gig connection though. So it may have just been me.
- Disappointed there wasn't an invite system to test. Hopefully there aren't any issues there when the game drops.

Gameplay: Again, old build... so it's all with a grain of salt.

- Love the ball mechanics
- Love the pace. Feels much more realistic.
- Player weight is on point
- Defense finally takes skill. Love it.
- That said, dribbling is extremely overpowered in this build. Passing is almost unneeded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm having a blast with the beta. Online connections have been really good, considering how much of a mess it's been in the past for me online. 3v3 is addicting if you have competent teammates. Can't wait to check out the demo when it drops.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #63
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
its sad that only pa lvl is taken into account when matching players with similar settings. i was lucky as the guys i played had manual shots enabled too. in the game, you can still change shot settings to basic (later), but as i said, my opponents were all manual!
Is there a way to look to see if your opponent is on manual shots or are you just going by what you see when they shoot? Just curious, Thanks

I haven't played like this yet on the beta but by watching your gameplay video full manual the game looks even more realistic to me.. and forces the players to play more realistic which I like. lvl1 assist is not that bad to me.. at first I was struggling and I still miss passes. I do think the default shooting needs to be tone down some as I don't think it should be that easy to hit upper 90's crackers your first couple of matches played... even though I am using top players. I really love the pace and flow of the match in the online beta.

Last edited by stevostl; 07-24-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:21 AM   #64
Rookie

PRO_TOO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
Is there a way to look to see if your opponent is on manual shots or are you just going by what you see when they shoot? Just curious, Thanks

I haven't played like this yet on the beta but by watching your gameplay video full manual the game looks even more realistic to me.. and forces the players to play more realistic which I like. lvl1 assist is not that bad to me.. at first I was struggling and I still miss passes. I do think the default shooting needs to be tone down some as I don't think it should be that easy to hit upper 90's crackers your first couple of matches played... even though I am using top players. I really love the pace and flow of the match in the online beta.
when passing and shooting, you can see a yellow power bar instead of a green one (when on pa1 and up).
see that example of both player having yellow power bars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l14KxnP-Hfw

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »