Home

PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC)

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 AM   #49
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Has anyone tried using the new wingback Advanced tactic for some of the teams especially for teams that are set up as a 4-3-3? Crazy that you can change this but everything else is grayed out.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:13 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

I love this game! Playing it I feel I really have to think like a soccer player and have an understanding of the game. I feel like when I score I have earned the score. When the computer scores on me it does not feel cheesy.

It really feels like the CPU is playing strategically against you and thinking through what it is doing. When I attack, I have to do so methodically and take into account what I am doing. I love this - the game feels fresh as a result.

Of course the game is not perfect - on Professional human players take too long to recover while CPU players recover quickly. Also, the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. @Konami: Just copy EA's presentation, it's just that simple. The graphics are also suspect on the Xbox One.

However, all things considered, I am excited about this game and look forward to playing this and NBA 2k18 over the next year.

Great job Konami.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #51
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

I tried the new "defensive" tactic where you select one player to stay back at all times. I selected a midfielder and set him as DMF, it worked perfect. I like to play like Tottenham in real life, having wing backs attack and 1 midfielder drop between the two CB's, it worked just like that. Very nice addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #52
Rookie

WooCRISPY's Arena

OVR: 0

Decided to give the demo a go even though I generally choose FIFA every year.

Game looks, feels, and runs very good and the ball physics are pretty amazing. I think the graphics for "background" things like the field, fans, and stadium look really nice too. Like most people I DO feel that PES offers a more realistic look and feel to the sport than FIFA does.

However... The problems I experienced the last time I got PES seem to still be there. It is still too easy to go down the flanks on attack for both sides. The defenders never seem to cover it and if you play with a crossing team you're pretty much overpowered. Also, my Goalie has been atrocious in the games I have played... He has let in a few goals where he never reacted at all and stood still. It seems to generally happen on close range headers in my case.

Is there any news of them adding sliders into the game? I could overlook some of these problems if we were given sliders to adjust. That's another major selling point for FIFA to me because we have some amazing people in this community who put hours and hours into crafting great slider sets.

I don't want to seem like I am dissing the game because FIFA definitely has its own problems, but the last few years I have gotten some really good gameplay out of it so I am hesitant to make the switch back to PES unless the problems I had before have been fixed...

I will continue playing the Demo and see if my opinions change at all. I have only played a handful of games so it would be unfair to judge it already, I am just seeing some of the same problems crop up again early on.
Uploads for Everybody's Golf!
Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #53
Pro

I barely managed to play three games today, it is really too end to end to my taste...
Old 08-31-2017, 12:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Played some games yesterday, tried mixing a lot of teams to get a bigger "vision" about the game. Graphics, sound, bells and whistles, i donīt really care for that, they are good enough for me.

As always, i found the demo very easy. However, i know that play now games in PES are always easy and the mode i always play (Master League offline) is on a difficulty of his own, itīs always much, much harder. So im not concerned with this matter for now.

I think PES is the best and the worst on two distinct parts: itīs at itīs best around the box, and at itīs worst away from the box (midfield).

I found the gameplay near the box the best representation of football iīve ever played. The possibilities, the randomness, the feeling that any play can fail or suceed is the best thing in PES.

Unfortunately, the midfield game is nowhere near as good. Now, could the gameplay near the box be as good if the midfield game was improved in areas such as positioning and pressing? I donīt have a good answer but i can do a comparison: to me, personally, the great midfield game in FIFA has no equivalence near the box. Itīs the opposite of PES, the absolute opposite. To me, FIFA is terrible around the box, no variety, no feeling of "anything can happen".

So, could it be that at this stage , a game with a good midfield game can not have a good game near the box, and vice-versa? I donīt know, but i feel that itīs the state of things now... letīs see.
hi bro can u further explain how master league games r different? cuz i m like other ppl here feeling that play now is so easy, i can have ball posession over 70 all the time and just have full control of the game even on legendary, superstar level i mean, so please like talk more about how is a different story playing master legaue thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
hi bro can u further explain how master league games r different? cuz i m like other ppl here feeling that play now is so easy, i can have ball posession over 70 all the time and just have full control of the game even on legendary, superstar level i mean, so please like talk more about how is a different story playing master legaue thanks
Are you playing with or without pass assistance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 12:34 PM   #56
Rookie

Really disappointed to hear the tackle recovery lag is still being used to keep the CPU competitive. Konami need to smarten up and address the issues that have been in the game for years!

I haven't had a chance to get on the demo yet -I will tomorrow- but this confirmation of cheating, the same from previous years, has me prepared to forget about this one for 2018.

However, as always, will still be waiting to hear how the CPU plays in ML in the full release before I make my final decision.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »