Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #393
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aderow
So I've come across somewhat of a major issue in BAL. In cup matches, elimination matches, if a team is losing at halftime, they will send one of their CBs up front to be a striker. In fact the game will also do this for both teams if they're tied.

What's more egregious is that I witnessed this happen in a champions league match after I had won the first leg. So that means that the game doesn't even factor in the result that happens in the first leg.

It just ruins what should be some of the most exciting matches in football. When I'm winning a match and the opposition sends one of their CBs up front, I end up winning by 4. And if I'm losing? It kills just about any chance I have of getting back into the match because every counter attack from the opposition is almost guaranteed to end in a goal.

Because the game doesn't adjust or compensate for the lack of said defender; fullbacks continue to bomb up the wings, holding midfielders push up as well.

And the fact that the game starts doing this at halftime of a tied match? It's mind boggling.

Doing things like throwing up a defender is supposed to be a last ditch, last minute desperation tactic. It's not supposed to be plan B.

I have dealt with a lot of the game's issues, but this essentially makes it unplayable. Because of just how absurdly unrealistic it is.

BAL was the only mode I play. So I guess that's that then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's more half ***'d programming. A tactic like that should only trigger in a few circumstances:

Elimination ties
Relegation/Promotion/Title Chasing/Champions & Europa League deciding fixtures
etc...

It should only trigger in the last 10 minutes too but I'd rather see clubs change their formations and/or make attacking substitutions first.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It's more half ***'d programming. A tactic like that should only trigger in a few circumstances:

Elimination ties
Relegation/Promotion/Title Chasing/Champions & Europa League deciding fixtures
etc...

It should only trigger in the last 10 minutes too but I'd rather see clubs change their formations and/or make attacking substitutions first.
That's exactly how it should be. There should be other decisions made well before team decides to go gung ho.

If the AI manager wants to throw everything at the opposition in the last 5 minutes because we're down by 1 in a cup final, then fair enough. But to do so with half a match left? Even while it's tied? What team would possibly do that?

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #395
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
That's exactly how it should be. There should be other decisions made well before team decides to go gung ho.

If the AI manager wants to throw everything at the opposition in the last 5 minutes because we're down by 1 in a cup final, then fair enough. But to do so with half a match left? Even while it's tied? What team would possibly do that?

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Completely agree.

Managerial AI both off & on the pitch is subpar and kills the realism/longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 03:06 AM   #396
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Completely agree.

Managerial AI both off & on the pitch is subpar and kills the realism/longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t play be a pro in FIFA then, usually my coach puts ibrahimovic on the bench, and of course opposing teams always keep star players on bench
Old 02-08-2018, 03:46 AM   #397
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa
Don’t play be a pro in FIFA then, usually my coach puts ibrahimovic on the bench, and of course opposing teams always keep star players on bench
FIFA? Who's talking about FIFA?

Old 02-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #398
Rookie

In BAL, I've gotten my winger's speed up to 98 (tried improving some other attributes, but the said attributes are tied to speed training).

Makes no difference to the AI tho. Tried running behind the backline, the CB not only keeps up with me, he actually begins to pull away from me. He had 78 speed.

A 78 speed CB beats my 98 speed winger in a straight line foot race. No ball involved. No one player accelerating before another. None of that. This is 2 players moving in the same direction at top speed and the one who should win, not only loses but gets demolished.

Moving at full speed with the ball (I have 91 dribbling also so you'd think that, coupled with 98 speed, I'd be able to move rather quickly even with the ball), a 70 speed defender, from a standing start, catches me in 3 steps and I'm moving away from him. He's not closing down space. He's not positioned in ordered to effectively defend me. He simply catches an almighty speed burst and catches me instantaneously.

Attributes have to matter. Fast players have to be fast. Strong players have to be strong. Aerially gifted players should be good in the air.

Why is it when I'm through on goal I'm caught within 3 steps by defenders with poor speed and acceleration? Why am I not rewarded for catching out the defense while utilising one of my player's best attributes?

Why is it that I can win every header with crap jumping and heading attributes?

Why is it someone like Lukaku can be outmuscled by someone like Nagatomo?

And for goodness sake why is it I can tape down the sprint button and not be tired after 10 seconds?

Old 02-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #399
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Quote:
So I've come across somewhat of a major issue in BAL. In cup matches, elimination matches, if a team is losing at halftime, they will send one of their CBs up front to be a striker. In fact the game will also do this for both teams if they're tied.

What's more egregious is that I witnessed this happen in a champions league match after I had won the first leg. So that means that the game doesn't even factor in the result that happens in the first leg.

It just ruins what should be some of the most exciting matches in football. When I'm winning a match and the opposition sends one of their CBs up front, I end up winning by 4. And if I'm losing? It kills just about any chance I have of getting back into the match because every counter attack from the opposition is almost guaranteed to end in a goal.

Because the game doesn't adjust or compensate for the lack of said defender; fullbacks continue to bomb up the wings, holding midfielders push up as well.

And the fact that the game starts doing this at halftime of a tied match? It's mind boggling.

Doing things like throwing up a defender is supposed to be a last ditch, last minute desperation tactic. It's not supposed to be plan B.

I have dealt with a lot of the game's issues, but this essentially makes it unplayable. Because of just how absurdly unrealistic it is.

BAL was the only mode I play. So I guess that's that then.

Yeah, CPU will raise attack/defence level all the way to max attack on cup-matches even when game is tied and that brings CB to going for striker. It happened also on PES 2017 and it happens both BAL & Master League. Its so stupid and totally breaks cup-matches, because suddenly you have too much space to attack against only 2-3 defenders and your defenders dosent really mark up opponents attacking CB very well.

I bet its even worse on BAL if CPU can do that to both teams and totally break game dynamics for no good reason. Sorry my bad english...
Old 02-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #400
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac3way
Yeah, CPU will raise attack/defence level all the way to max attack on cup-matches even when game is tied and that brings CB to going for striker. It happened also on PES 2017 and it happens both BAL & Master League. Its so stupid and totally breaks cup-matches, because suddenly you have too much space to attack against only 2-3 defenders and your defenders dosent really mark up opponents attacking CB very well.

I bet its even worse on BAL if CPU can do that to both teams and totally break game dynamics for no good reason. Sorry my bad english...
Your English is fine mate.

I've had times I've counter attacked against one defender, because the other CB became a striker and both full backs were in attacking positions.

And you're right it is worse in BAL because, as a player, there's nothing I can do to adjust it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »