Home

Transfer Logic Bug

This is a discussion on Transfer Logic Bug within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Transfer Logic Bug

I've tried 5 different ML's with 5 different teams and in every one of them arsenal sells their entire back line with the exception of Koscelny and Liverpool sell all their wide players including Salah and Oxlade. The other transfers seem legitimate, but these 2 teams are rediculous. Has anyone else noticed/experienced this? It's one portion of the game I wish Konami would spend a little more time on the details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Transfer Logic Bug

I'm running a full scale research project on transfers right now. I have 5 years worth of real transfers and I've also dig into the widespread financial engine problem from 2017.

I plan to pick up 2018 this weekend and start documenting it (if it's changed at all). I'm hoping to share the learnings with everyone and that includes Konami.

There's definitely a lot more logic that could be used.

It seems the transfer prices and destinations are also kind of wonky as well, no?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

the prices i can deal with because the budgets are low. so arsenal gets 40mil and can afford a really good player 25mil and a decent one as well 15mil in the one window. its all relative i suppose.

the locations are a little bit funny though yes.

the ability to recognize squad weakness and improve it is most disconcerting though. to sell all 3 of your wide players (rated 80 and up) and replace them with 63 OVR nobodies?

its as if Konami didnt even bother to test this part of the game. Or they did and didnt care. im interested to see your findings. im not a fan of fifa and hate how you can buy any player you want as long as you have the money, but they still crush pes in the transfer department.

the ability to turn off the first window also, would take a programmer one day to implement. i cant understand the oversight in the transfer department, one of the most popular parts of gaming football.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

How bad is it? Haven't personally tried ML yet.

Is there any workarounds for us to make it more realistic for our own game? Of course we can't control the other teams.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

So at my Juventus ML Liverpool sold Mane, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Emre Can, Wijnauldum and bunch of others from bench. This just happened on first transfer window.

On PES 2017 transfers was ok, because there wasnt that many and rarely superstars moved teams. PES 2018 is transfers are bad, way too many transfers and release causes are just couple millions more than market value. Sometimes it is even less than market value.

New additions and fixes for ML are good, but they are small fixes and there arent that many of them. New cutscenes are bit short, but nice and challenge mode brings at least little more than previous years.

I still like ML a lot, but man does it have some problems. Depending on person you can enjoy of it or it can be a just hot pile of carbage. Konami need to step up and make ML and BAL great again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Is there someone who want to share the experience with challenge mode? Is it really changing anything? Please give examples.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #7
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Seems like PES has the same problems as FIFAs career mode.

I'm wondering if its really that hard to create some kind of transfer-logic that takes roster needs into account.

In FIFA teams would also sell their all their defensive starters to acquire a fourth or fifth world-class striker...
Old 09-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #8
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Yes, roster needs. Depth at each position, etc. There are a bunch of things.

Then there are more subtle things I've learned, some examples:
  1. English players rarely leave England to join clubs La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A or Budnesliga
  2. South Americans are twice as likely to join clubs in Spain or Italy. Very rarely do they go to Germany. Italy is 3x as likely a destination than the EPL for South Americas. Spain is 2x more likely than the EPL.
  3. Germans almost never to go Spain
  4. The average PES overall rating for a player transferring to a top 3 EPL table club is 81. The average is 75 for a team in the bottom half of the table.
  5. Half the players leaving the EPL to join Ligue 1 clubs are French nationals

These are just some examples. But there's certainly some things around team prestige, budgets (these aren't even close to realistic), player prestige, player age, etc.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Seems like PES has the same problems as FIFAs career mode.

I'm wondering if its really that hard to create some kind of transfer-logic that takes roster needs into account.

In FIFA teams would also sell their all their defensive starters to acquire a fourth or fifth world-class striker...

Last edited by jmel07; 09-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »