Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Is the game worth the full price tag if you're a casual gamer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
The answer is yes if you want a true representation of the game of football. The critiques being discussed here on PES 2019 are more in depth and for football gaming purists. A casual gamer will love this game. Go the extra mile and download an optionfile with all the official kits, updated rosters and German Bundesliga. They will be out soon. I get them from here: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412
Old 08-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #50
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Is the game worth the full price tag if you're a casual gamer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Try the demo.

Personally, I'd wait for FIFA. Or at least wait to try the FIFA demo. PES isn't nearly as pick up and play, FIFA has all the licenses and game modes, and based on the FIFA beta, it might have the better gameplay this year too.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
What difficulty are you on?

I ask because Professional plays a different game in my experience, with lots more variety. Probably because the CPU doesn't play near as perfect, so there's more mistakes, more loose balls, etc.

That said, Professional is too easy after long. Which sucks because it plays a far better game. It actually reminds me a lot of FIFA, back before they fixed their difficulty levels, when you'd watch all teams (regardless of their rating) keep possession with one-touch passing and you couldn't close anyone down.
I play in professional. I can't say it's easy though when playing full manual. It either you're so good or I need to practice more - probably the latter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #52
Rookie

Headers are a little too floaty.
Defending is tighter than the demo, but still needs improvement.
AI needs to be tighter defensively and react to loose balls better.
1-2 and over the top through balls might be OP.

Playing Top Player on PS4.
20 min matches
Croatia v Poland 2-0
Croatia v Portugal 2-3
Croatia v Wales 3-2

I'm just feeling the game out. Wales actually pegged back 2 beyond the 80th minute because I was farting around and not wasting time. Ronaldo is a monster. I would also say with confidence that Mandzukic is a great striker.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:34 AM   #53
MVP

lareka's Arena

Having played the game in TOP PLAYER difficulty last 2 years I started to play PES 2019 in SUPERSTAR difficulty and it seems like it's the equivalent of Top player in recent games. It's fairly easier than Superstar difficulty before.

First of all : They have no right to release the game with last season's squads. This is a SHAME. UNACCEPTABLE. Imagine a NBA game coming out with LeBron on the Cavs, not Lakers this season.. Even for 1 day (presuming the update is coming today) it is a SHAME.

They should have applied transfers from July, June and I would be okay if they didn't update the squads with August transfers. We can wait for the update on August transfers. But there is no excuse to release the game like that.

I played more than 800 games in Master League in PES 17 & 18, I played 3 games with PES 2019 ( didn't want to play more because of out-dated squads), my impressions:

-The game is easier (didn't like it)
-The AI's offense is very poor. They do the same thing over and over again, it's predictable and not at the level as it should be (for superstar difficulty)
-I see a lot of ping-pong(ing) with the ball, more often than PES 18, it bothered me.
-The collisions are more often, more fouls are called. I think it's positive.
-The crosses by AI and user are going to the player WAY more often than it goes to the space. It automatically goes to the position where closest player is. I didn't like that neither, it kills authenticity, makes it a bit robotic and easier to play again.
-CPU movement and attacking schemes are very poor. They do stupid decisions, going back to the left back with the winger where he has space and advantage to burst forward and etc. Or not finding the open man with through ball through the middle but passing the ball around and etc.
-Goalkeepers are again hugging their line on 1 on 1 situations, not bursting forward to narrow the space to put pressure on offensive player so it's very easy to score since they wait on their line...

Overall i didn't like this iteration of the game for day 1. But as we all should know, Konami releases a big gameplay patch within a month after release to address critical issues so the game gets better in time. I'm hopeful to see the developments.

Enjoy
Old 08-30-2018, 03:07 AM   #54
Rookie

Fair enough but surely squads should be updated so kinda just same game as pes 18 slightly better gameplay I won’t start ML until squads are updated also does anyone know what the champions league alternative is for pes in ML
Old 08-30-2018, 03:09 AM   #55
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1986
Fair enough but surely squads should be updated so kinda just same game as pes 18 slightly better gameplay I won’t start ML until squads are updated also does anyone know what the champions league alternative is for pes in ML
I won't start ML without squad update as well.

I think Champs League will be there in another name. The name will be different but it should be there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 04:45 AM   #56
Rookie

Also does anyone know about option file for real leagues and the real football kits I’m on Xbox one I know there has t been one only for PS4 but heard rumours there might be option file for Xbox one

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »