Home

How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window?

This is a discussion on How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOo7InAkkQ&w=729&h=410 Coming off a universally popular demo, PES 2019 released in September to fairly positive reviews....

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Curious, why weren't the modding capabilities mentioned for PC/PS4 users? On those systems, the game is completely different with the help of a few option files and/or mods.

I'm still a little upset about the lack of SPL stadiums, but now that we have an official release date from Konami (February), I'm a little less upset.

Last edited by Cod; 12-24-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
The amount of people that play on PC and actually use mods is so small that *modding of anything is rarely mentioned on OS. *I have been a member on here for over a decade and have always thought it would be *great to see some articles about modded games. I think most people don’t even realize what’s possible.

I have been modding or playing with mods for probably 10 years and *PES 19 is one of the best examples of how insanely better a game can be with mods. It’s quite litterally barely even the same game .
Old 12-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Re: How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
The amount of people that play on PC and actually use mods is so small that *modding of anything is rarely mentioned on OS. *I have been a member on here for over a decade and have always thought it would be *great to see some articles about modded games. I think most people don’t even realize what’s possible.

I have been modding or playing with mods for probably 10 years and *PES 19 is one of the best examples of how insanely better a game can be with mods. It’s quite litterally barely even the same game .
Exactly! I'm always trying to tell people the power of mods in PES turns the game into a completely different experience. For example, every negative thing mentioned in the article can be fixed by a gameplay CPK. I'm seeing long shots, whipped/lofty crosses, working the ball into the box, and more.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Curious, why weren't the modding capabilities mentioned for PC/PS4 users? On those systems, the game is completely different with the help of a few option files and/or mods.
For the same reason that no one is going to bring up a fan edit of a Star Wars movie in defense of the original film. People needing mods to make a game play well is a pretty big indictment of the game, actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
For the same reason that no one is going to bring up a fan edit of a Star Wars movie in defense of the original film. People needing mods to make a game play well is a pretty big indictment of the game, actually.
I disagree as I'm not sure I understand your logic. How are mods different than people downloading custom sliders and rosters? They're not, yet, most people who play any sports game will download those. Both can have the same effect on gameplay as a specific gameplay mod.

So should a review only be based on the "out-of-the-box" product since not everyone has an internet connection? Or should it be based on the base product plus what's available? In my opinion, a review should be based on the later.

Last edited by Cod; 12-25-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:42 AM   #7

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
I disagree as I'm not sure I understand your logic. How are mods different than people downloading custom sliders and rosters? They're not, yet, most people who play any sports game will download those. Both can have the same effect on gameplay as a specific gameplay mod.

So should a review only be based on the "out-of-the-box" product since not everyone has an internet connection? Or should it be based on the base product plus what's available? In my opinion, a review should be based on the later.
We're talking about mods that edit the actual source code of the game. I see that as different than custom rosters or sliders. Rosters and sliders are way more limited when it comes to actually edit what's under the hood of these games.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:04 AM   #8
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

ON PS4 it's a disappointment especially for players like me who play Master League. The gameplay glitches, irregularities are not fixed and there are problems with Master League mechanics as well. I'd be okay with ML problems if gameplay didn't have such problems but gameplay problems persist even after the gameplay update released by Konami in November.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »