Home

Three Things PES Can Do to Close the Gap on FIFA

This is a discussion on Three Things PES Can Do to Close the Gap on FIFA within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Three Things PES Can Do to Close the Gap on FIFA

It's no secret the gap between FIFA and PES is quite large, both in terms in...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 02:23 AM   #2
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Three Things PES Can Do to Close the Gap on FIFA

Very good article.

KONAMI needs to deliver the ultimate football simulation experience (with fun) as they did with their games released for PS2 system back in the day
Old 02-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20
Are you inferring that the AI in FIFA is better than in PES? That's a bit rich.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Are you inferring that the AI in FIFA is better than in PES? That's a bit rich.
That's not really what I was getting at:

Quote:
There are times in PES 2019 where the AI will behave so human-like that you cannot tell the difference between playing your buddy and the CPU.
BUT

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are too many times where the AI will behave so oddly that you’re forced to either overlook it or adjust accordingly to compensate.

More so pk500, that in order for PES to close the gap on FIFA it needs AI that is superior to make up for the other deficiencies (Online, Modes, etc...)

Perhaps I didn't explain my point in the article that thoroughly.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I really hope the AI improves next year or I will pass on the game again. Also defence needs to be major focus this year I think it hasn't been given the love like many other areas over the last few installments. Also I hope they improve the generic faces and face editor overall. This hasn't been touched or upgraded in over a decade and that is just sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I really hope the AI improves next year or I will pass on the game again. Also defence needs to be major focus this year I think it hasn't been given the love like many other areas over the last few installments. Also I hope they improve the generic faces and face editor overall. This hasn't been touched or upgraded in over a decade and that is just sad.

They’ve been doing a pretty good job at updating faces the past year but their strategy is might not be the best.

Instead of large data updates with multiple new cosmetic changes (faces, balls, boots, etc...) which forces people to wait they should try smaller, more frequent updates.

As a part-time IT requirements builder, I learned that products with bad reputations increase customer satisfaction with smaller more frequent patches because it gives the sense that the product is constantly being worked upon since most people don’t know how much time is actually required to do updates & just as important acceptance testing.

Now you have to have the right personnel but I’m not in a position to say although I lean the way most of us probably do in regards to PES ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
They’ve been doing a pretty good job at updating faces the past year but their strategy is might not be the best.

Instead of large data updates with multiple new cosmetic changes (faces, balls, boots, etc...) which forces people to wait they should try smaller, more frequent updates.

As a part-time IT requirements builder, I learned that products with bad reputations increase customer satisfaction with smaller more frequent patches because it gives the sense that the product is constantly being worked upon since most people don’t know how much time is actually required to do updates & just as important acceptance testing.

Now you have to have the right personnel but I’m not in a position to say although I lean the way most of us probably do in regards to PES ha.

Yeah I agree they do a great job adding faces but that really isn't my issue, its just PES has inconstant art and textures all through out their game. I don't expect generic faces to be are par with their scanned faces but it shouldn't look like a totally different game when you play with a team from Turkish league to La Liga. I think of how Fifa, MLB the Show and NBA 2K created player faces look, it's consistent with the player models and graphics of the game. But this is just my feelings you know, there are far great issues but IMO I think they need to scrap updating the game via Data Pack's it's just really...dated to me.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah I agree they do a great job adding faces but that really isn't my issue, its just PES has inconstant art and textures all through out their game. I don't expect generic faces to be are par with their scanned faces but it shouldn't look like a totally different game when you play with a team from Turkish league to La Liga. I think of how Fifa, MLB the Show and NBA 2K created player faces look, it's consistent with the player models and graphics of the game. But this is just my feelings you know, there are far great issues but IMO I think they need to scrap updating the game via Data Pack's it's just really...dated to me.

Ahhhhhh...I gotcha now.

Yeah, some of my BAL teammates on my first Dutch team were kind of scary lol. They were much better when I made my move to Feryernood. But yeah, you’d expect better from Konami given the power of the Fox Engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »