Home

Difficulty level - Exhibition v Master League

This is a discussion on Difficulty level - Exhibition v Master League within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Difficulty level - Exhibition v Master League

I bought the game this year for the first time since ‘13, as the demo was really good and all the positive vibes saying PES could well be back to its good old days had me excited to return to it. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the game but the difference of the same difficulty level between exhibitions and Master League is way too wide. I do remember this from the old days too but not to the extent I’ve experienced this year.

Since the game came out I started off playing exhibition games on professional just to get back into it and then moved up to top player. I’ve literally spent a week playing on top player and really enjoyed the game, the variety of scores, I’ve won,lost and drawn etc. Yesterday I decided to do a trial ML with Tottenham on top player. Other settings are 20 min games (10 min halves), pass support 1, basic through ball, advanced shooting. My preseason tournament was with Bayern Munich, Milan and Inter. First up was Bayern. I lost 1-0, the game was good, I had more possession, shots, shots on target but lost to a goal that was all my own fault by giving the ball away in my own half, so I accept that. Next up was Milan. This is where the bullish!t factor really got to me. These were the match facts;

Possession 56 Tot 44 Milan
Shots 17 Tot 11 Milan (4 of mine hit the woodwork)
Shots on target 11 Tot 9 Milan

The score..........Tot 1 - 7 Milan!!!!

Donnaruma pulled off save after save after save, yet every shot they had was goal goal goal!

Next up was Inter. Pretty much similar stats as above but I only lost 2-0 this time.

First Prem game was Chelsea at home. 4-0 defeat and again their keeper kept everything out like it was so easy.

I’m going to restart on professional level but I’m really disappointed at the level of difference just because it’s ML. I understand irl players play harder than in friendlies but this is a bit too much!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Difficulty level - Exhibition v Master League

I always have had to go a level down in ML from exhibition. Actually playing PRO in ML. Having a great experience.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I always have had to go a level down in ML from exhibition. Actually playing PRO in ML. Having a great experience.

I am really enjoying PRO in ML. There was a moment when I thought I needed to up the difficulty because I was on a 8 game winning streak, but then I proceeded to to draw 2 and lose 3 in a row against lower tier clubs. I’m sticking with Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 09-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown

Yes I’m going to move down to Pro and give it a go. I guess I was hoping the amount of bull you see in FIFA wouldn’t be the same with PES but unfortunately it is. I know that you get punished when you make a mistake but you don’t get punished every single time which is what I was experiencing. I watch YouTube videos of others on the higher levels and the cpu misses on occasions, yet so far with me nearly everything goes in! The demo played really well but there’s definitely something off with the full release I think too. It’s too fast compared to the demo for starters.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

I also use Pro for ML/ 12 minute games and yes I've started seeing scripting rearing it's evil head. Demo played a lot better IMO.

Last edited by pflynhi; 09-19-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynhi
I also use Pro for ML/ 12 minute games and yes I've started seeing scripting rearing it's evil head. Demo played a lot better IMO.

What do you mean by scripting? I just don’t understand. I see a lot of people cry “scripting” on almost all games including PES, FIFA, and Madden. What would the benefit be to Konami, or any company, to creating scripting in their games. This just doesn’t make any sense.

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 09-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Encountered lot of scripting in ML. My ultra-fast foward suddenly gets slower, my playmaker suddenly making terrible inaccurate passes, my defenders suddenly making bad position game...

It feels bad when you loose because CPU is cheating. Also i won games, but it felt cheap.It happens not every time, don't get me wrong. It seems difficulty Level affect scripting, not sure.

Here is a article about PES 20 scripting: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1864353869

Also in ML after one complete season: (Brasil, Serie A):
No red cards
No injured players (!!)
Rarely free kicks in dangerous zone for human user
AI always scores from direct, dangerous free kicks
Referee making bad calls. Mostly against human user. It feels strange.
Didn't see a penalty for human user

Hopefully Konami will patch it....

Last edited by Fredette; 09-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Of course there are differences between modes. CM offers a more dynamic team spirit functionality that greatly changes the dynamic and yes it generally means a change in difficulty level...so just drop down a level. NBD.

As the great Marsellus Wallace once said: "Don't let pride f**k with you."

As for "scripting"...I got news for you...and you may want to sit down for this. The. Game. Is. Not. Real.

Nor is any game...it's just a bunch on 0's and 1's moving on your screen. The entire game is scripted...it's called code (C++, Python, Visual Basic and Perl) and no matter what game you play it's built by a human who write code to make those 1's and 0's move.

Depending on how you play, a gamer will get different results. I've played nearly a full season in CM in Belgian league and have injuries, fouls and I even got a penalty! Tip...holding ball and waiting for pressure from CPU will invite fouls...there is a nuance there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »