Home

Africa Cup of Nations

This is a discussion on Africa Cup of Nations within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Africa Cup of Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
That Morocco team is low key pretty good.

You had a couple of good chances though. The Gyan miss and the Aquah one come to mind but looked like a fun match.
For real Ziyech, Hakimi, Harit, Nesyri, Saiss and few other quality players. They have a lot of good attackers.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Yeah I really like the game this year. Everything just feels right.

I play on professional. I have passing on level 1, through balls on basic and shooting set to advanced. With that setup I have a good amount of control but ratings still dictate outcomes appropriately. I'm nowhere near skilled enough for manual or the higher difficulties yet.

Hey Jrn, weren’t you using semi passing on FIFA? If so, trust me, manual on PES is much more user friendly imho. I thought manual on PES would be beyond me but I moved down from top player pass support 1 to full manual on professional. I’ve been plugging away at it since August and I’m really enjoying it. I still have complete nightmares now and then but I also have games where I dominate and win well too. Manual on PES really does give you greater opportunities to play killer passes, especially when you are counter attacking, and you can play it into the forward path of a teammate where he keeps running and doesn’t have to check back to wait for the assisted predetermined pass. On manual too, through balls are still showing as basic because obviously you’re on manual so the advanced bit doesn’t really make much difference. I never honestly thought I would be playing any football game on manual but I’m sure I won’t go back now. I can still take the odd hammering but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #11
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
Hey Jrn, weren’t you using semi passing on FIFA? If so, trust me, manual on PES is much more user friendly imho. I thought manual on PES would be beyond me but I moved down from top player pass support 1 to full manual on professional. I’ve been plugging away at it since August and I’m really enjoying it. I still have complete nightmares now and then but I also have games where I dominate and win well too. Manual on PES really does give you greater opportunities to play killer passes, especially when you are counter attacking, and you can play it into the forward path of a teammate where he keeps running and doesn’t have to check back to wait for the assisted predetermined pass. On manual too, through balls are still showing as basic because obviously you’re on manual so the advanced bit doesn’t really make much difference. I never honestly thought I would be playing any football game on manual but I’m sure I won’t go back now. I can still take the odd hammering but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Yeah semi on FIFA. Also since I'm flipping back and forth between both games it's a bit more challenging to go full manual PES. Keeping track of both controls is to much brain power.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 05:54 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Yeah semi on FIFA. Also since I'm flipping back and forth between both games it's a bit more challenging to go full manual PES. Keeping track of both controls is to much brain power.

You can set the controls to pretty much what you use on both games with just maybe one or two that don’t match up, but yes, I know what you mean. As I was always a PES player first, when I switched to FIFA I used the alternate controls. I think it was only the jockey command that didn’t match up in the end.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:01 PM   #13
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
You can set the controls to pretty much what you use on both games with just maybe one or two that don’t match up, but yes, I know what you mean. As I was always a PES player first, when I switched to FIFA I used the alternate controls. I think it was only the jockey command that didn’t match up in the end.

Oh it's not the actual controls but the timing for getting the passes/shots right. FIFA is like a surgeon doing surgery with a buzzsaw. PES is doing surgery with a scalpel.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 10-08-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah PES is much more sensitive when it comes to input. Hit the shot button early and they’ll do that slide shot thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2020, 11:09 PM   #15
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

What a day of games. The variety between the 3 games was amazing. Think i experienced every emotion in the book today. Hope you enjoy them as well.

Guinea v. Tunisia

Zambia v. Egypt

Mali v. Algeria

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS PLAYLIST
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #16
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Last game of the first round is here. Up next is Nigeria vs. South Africa (☉_☉)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »