Home

New Jerseys?

This is a discussion on New Jerseys? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
New Jerseys?

does anyone know if any teams are getting new uniforms this season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: New Jerseys?

I haven't heard anything. The Rams wanted to wear 1999 throwbacks for their first home game but they applied too late. The Saints are said to be tinkering with their look but I think that's for '09. The Jags are doing away with the black pants IIRC and will be emphasizing the teal in their uniform more.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm eagerly awaiting the KC Chiefs to do something their uniforms. Every team has a color scheme that is a little darker then what their previous was (like the old Eagles green to the current Eagles green), but the Chiefs are still stuck in 1980 color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I'm eagerly awaiting the KC Chiefs to do something their uniforms. Every team has a color scheme that is a little darker then what their previous was (like the old Eagles green to the current Eagles green), but the Chiefs are still stuck in 1980 color.

Hmm Actually there are a few teams with brighter looks overall then their older classic look. The Steelers, (the yellow and their white jerseys) Dolphins, (In the mid '80s their aqua jerseys were considerably darker then they are now) Packers, (it has more to do with the materials they use nowadays but the green they used from the '60s to SB XXXI was a darker shade) Falcons (when they use their red alt. combinations) and Titans, (when they use their Columbia Blue combinations)

These teams are more or less the same since their classic unis in terms of brightness: Raiders, Jets, Bengals, Giants, Redskins, Bears, Saints and Cardinals. and Chiefs.

You can go either way with the Chargers. If you compare their current uniform set to their two most iconic uniforms then it's definitely darker then the old powder blues but a bit brighter then their Air Coryell era sets (especially the latter Coryell era home unis)

I know I know i'm being anal but I love uniforms and it irks me when someone makes such a blanket statement like that. The Chiefs don't need to change much except drop the red pants.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

The Browns are going to wear the unis from the 1940's/1950's when they had white helmets.

It's going to be wierd/odd.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

The Raiders need to upgrade the uniforms. They've been the same forever. I'm glad the Jaguars are getting rid of the black.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
The Raiders need to upgrade the uniforms. They've been the same forever. I'm glad the Jaguars are getting rid of the black.
What're the Jaguars going to? I kind of liked the black/black uni's but then again I only saw em one game. Denver needs to have a throwback game sometime..
Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
What're the Jaguars going to? I kind of liked the black/black uni's but then again I only saw em one game. Denver needs to have a throwback game sometime..
They'll probably go back to what they had before the black. The white on white away and the white on teal home unis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »