Home

Is This The Year The NFC Reclaims It's Spot As The Top Conference In The League?

This is a discussion on Is This The Year The NFC Reclaims It's Spot As The Top Conference In The League? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Is This The Year The NFC Reclaims It's Spot As The Top Conference In The League?

Or do you think the AFC will continue to be the top conference as they have been the past few seasons?

I will say this(and probably add more later but want to wait and see what everybody says)that talent and personnel gap between the two conferences is slimmer than it has been the past few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Is This The Year The NFC Reclaims It's Spot As The Top Conference In The League?

I disagree. I think as far as the NFC is concerned there is Dallas and then there is everyone else. Minnesota looks pretty good on paper, but they have a terrible quarterback. Nobody in the West or the South really impresses me much and I expect the Giants to have a large drop off after their Super Bowl win last year.

Over in the AFC the competition is so much better. First, the Patriots, Colts and Chargers are all legitimate Super Bowl contenders right out of the gate. However, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh both look very solid as well and are better then anyone in the NFC besides Dallas. That's five teams that are better then all but one in the other conference, at least in my opinion.

You also have some teams in the AFC like Buffalo (who are very underrated, they just need solid QB play) Tennessee (very good defensive team who can run the ball) and Cleveland (not quite sold on them, but lots of other folks are) who are capable of winning 10 games as well. In the NFC I really don't see teams like that. Oh well.

As much as I don't like them, I predicted the Dallas Cowboys to win the Super Bowl this year over the Jacksonville Jaguars and I am sticking to it. The bottom line is, the Cowboys are easily the best team in the NFC and the AFC is much more competitve and will be for at least a few more seasons.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is This The Year The NFC Reclaims It's Spot As The Top Conference In The League?

They were about even last year. The conferences were tied 32-32 in interconference games. And considering the NFC won the Super Bowl last year, it's hard to argue that the AFC was better.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I disagree. I think as far as the NFC is concerned there is Dallas and then there is everyone else. Minnesota looks pretty good on paper, but they have a terrible quarterback. Nobody in the West or the South really impresses me much and I expect the Giants to have a large drop off after their Super Bowl win last year.

Over in the AFC the competition is so much better. First, the Patriots, Colts and Chargers are all legitimate Super Bowl contenders right out of the gate. However, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh both look very solid as well and are better then anyone in the NFC besides Dallas. That's five teams that are better then all but one in the other conference, at least in my opinion.

You also have some teams in the AFC like Buffalo (who are very underrated, they just need solid QB play) Tennessee (very good defensive team who can run the ball) and Cleveland (not quite sold on them, but lots of other folks are) who are capable of winning 10 games as well. In the NFC I really don't see teams like that. Oh well.

As much as I don't like them, I predicted the Dallas Cowboys to win the Super Bowl this year over the Jacksonville Jaguars and I am sticking to it. The bottom line is, the Cowboys are easily the best team in the NFC and the AFC is much more competitve and will be for at least a few more seasons.
I agree, AFC is the better conference right now but things can change quickly. In the NFC the only legit contenders I see are Dallas, New Orleans and Minnesota. Philly, New York Giants and Green Bay could get in there with solid play from questionable positions.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb

Agree with this post, but I'm not going along with the prediction yet. I'm a Cowboys' fan and I'm not gonna be sold on my team until we actually do something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I agree, AFC is the better conference right now but things can change quickly. In the NFC the only legit contenders I see are Dallas, New Orleans and Minnesota. Philly, New York Giants and Green Bay could get in there with solid play from questionable positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »