Home

Monday Night Crew

This is a discussion on Monday Night Crew within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Monday Night Crew

I have watched Monday Night Football since 1972(8 years old). IMO Tony Kornheiser is the worst. The commentaries before the game is stupid and just like Dennis Miller it not needed. The Farve talk on every play from Kornheiser I believe made Tirico and Jaws sick. I can understand talking about Farve a few plays at the beginning but to go on and on was not entertaining. Love him on PTI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Monday Night Crew

MNF has certainly lost its luster from when I was growing up in the 90's, yes call me capt. Obvious.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan1
I have watched Monday Night Football since 1972(8 years old). IMO Tony Kornheiser is the worst. The commentaries before the game is stupid and just like Dennis Miller it not needed. The Farve talk on every play from Kornheiser I believe made Tirico and Jaws sick. I can understand talking about Farve a few plays at the beginning but to go on and on was not entertaining. Love him on PTI.
Kornheiser is 2nd worst only because he can string sentences together. The worst would have to be Joe Namath.

That being said, Korny's content is the worst i've ever heard. I never wanted to punch my TV because of a commentator before until last night. That was just a sickening display by a guy who's a very good newspaper writer. I don't know how the translation from print to TV can be THAT poor but it is.

Hell, i'd beg to have Alex Karras back in the booth if it means getting rid of Kornheiser.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan1
The only one I like is Jaws. Yes, I like Kornholio on PTI (but not the other smug guy). Could he talk about Favre any more than he did?

Tirico is soooooo boring to me. I can't believe he took over Dan Patrick's radio show. When he is in there he sucks. It was nice seeing Olbermann and Patrick back together on NBC. That was cool.

WORST MNF team ever in my opinion. I would rather have Mike and Mike with somebody else who was a player that is good. I am just glad Sean Salisbury is gone from ESPN entirely.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus

WORST MNF team ever in my opinion. I would rather have Mike and Mike with somebody else who was a player that is good. I am just glad Sean Salisbury is gone from ESPN entirely.
Be thankful that you're too young to remember the Gifford/OJ/Namath booth.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

My question is, if it is SO OBVIOUS that Kornheiser is bad, and I think it is safe to say that he is BAD on MNF, then why can't the big wigs at ESPN see that, and gently nudge him off of MNF?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
My question is, if it is SO OBVIOUS that Kornheiser is bad, and I think it is safe to say that he is BAD on MNF, then why can't the big wigs at ESPN see that, and gently nudge him off of MNF?
Is that a serious question?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Um, yeah. Do you think they like the current state of the broadcasting team? I dont and I bet they know that Kornheiser isn't exactly the most popular member of the team, with viewers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »