Home

Week 1: Houston Texans @ Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 1: Houston Texans @ Pittsburgh Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Week 1: Houston Texans @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Series History 1-1

What a horrible way to have to open the season. I'm gonna have to go with the "any given Sunday" approach to this one.

The key will be slowing down the PIT run game. That's gonna be hard because I don't think we can bring a safety up and Leave Bennett and Reeves out on islands. Texans will have to stop the run with the front seven, and get a pass rush with just the front four to have a chance on defense. That won't be easy at all.

On offense the Texans have to find some way to get the run game going, Last year we passed to open up the run, but it's gonna be hell keeping Schaub upright against the Steelers' pass rush.

This one doesn't look good for us at all. My head says PIT 27 HOU 17.
My heart says Houston 24 Pittsburgh 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Week 1: Houston Texans @ Pittsburgh Steelers

I think it's going to be a closer game than most think. Pitt's OL is pretty bad, especially after losing Faneca, so Williams and the rest of the Texans DL should be able to get some pressure on Roethlisberger.

I still think the Steelers will win though, but it should be a good game.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

If it was in Houston, the Texans could pull of the upset. They don't have a chance in front of all of the black-bearded, yellow hankee-waving Steeler fans.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I wouldn't bet on the Texans but I'd say since the Steelers are on the schedule this is the BEST time Houston could play them. Their line was a bit of a mess last year and lost a key clog so they're still learning to gel. They want to give Mendenhall a good amount of carries but that can't happen until he learns to be confident AND not fumble which he's not there yet. Sweed is also going to be an important addition and he's definitely not going to be counted on much in Week 1.

Meanwhile, Houston's biggest fear is that Schaub and/or Johnson will be hurt for multiple games so getting them both healthy in this tough game is a huge plus. You'll also have Green, Taylor and Slanton to work with (doubt all 3 will be healthy throughout the season).

If the Texans are a serious playoff threat this year, this game could be pivitol.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Everyone that thinks Faneca was a gigantic loss is mistaken, Faneca has been a liability on the line for the past two years, he's made the Pro Bowl based on reputation only. The line is a problem though and if the Texans get a pass rush going, they could make it hard on the Steelers. But I think if our line holds up and gets a decent push in the run game and gives Ben some time to make throws, the Steelers should win by 10+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

This game is gonna be awesome.

Please get here, Sunday.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

I think the Running of the Steelers will be to much. I think Schaub will have a great game though, but I look for Mendenhall and Parker to just dominate. 24-13 Steelers
Old 09-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

I'll be there... Getting married Saturday, Steeler game on Sunday and heading to Mexico for 2 weeks on Monday. Talk about a crazy weekend.

I won't make any predictions. I don't want to be a wannabe OS Mel Kiper. Got too many of them on here anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »