Home

NFL Game Pass

This is a discussion on NFL Game Pass within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NFL Game Pass

Hey guys, this year i wanted to buy the NFL Game Pass, because I
live in Germany and the only thing you get in TV is the Super Bowl. And i'm sick of those peer 2 peer streams, which work once a month.
But right now, only the Off Season pass is available, which is 34,99$.
I guess, the price of the Season pass will be the same like last year, so does anyone know, how much the season pass was last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NFL Game Pass

You mean NFL Sunday Ticket?...I think it's up to $299
Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't know exactly how it is called.
I just know that after you bought it, you can watch the games via live stream or the day after on demand. I lasts until the post season begins.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The one the NFL teamed up with Yahoo for, yeah?

IIRC, this past season had 2 options - SD and HD. It was around AU$300 for HD I think, or something like US$220. Maybe a little more.

Not *too* bad value really considering you could basically choose any game you wanted any week, and also watch games archived. I didn't sign up though. The problem in Australia is firstly games start in the morning of a Monday, so work usually interferes with that, and secondly, broadband plans here can have pretty lame usage limits and a few GB each week on an NFL game or two adds up.

So NFL games really aren't on TV in Germany? Weird, because I thought Germany was basically the most NFL friendly country out there in Europe land. In Australia, we get a good 4 a week, sometimes 5 or more. Usually 2 on FOX Sports and 1 on ESPN on Monday, 1 on ESPN on Tuesday, and when the NFLN has those Thursday games, we get that on Friday on ESPN as well. As I said though, during work hours = .
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The one the NFL teamed up with Yahoo for, yeah?

IIRC, this past season had 2 options - SD and HD. It was around AU$300 for HD I think, or something like US$220. Maybe a little more.

Not *too* bad value really considering you could basically choose any game you wanted any week, and also watch games archived. I didn't sign up though. The problem in Australia is firstly games start in the morning of a Monday, so work usually interferes with that, and secondly, broadband plans here can have pretty lame usage limits and a few GB each week on an NFL game or two adds up.

So NFL games really aren't on TV in Germany? Weird, because I thought Germany was basically the most NFL friendly country out there in Europe land. In Australia, we get a good 4 a week, sometimes 5 or more. Usually 2 on FOX Sports and 1 on ESPN on Monday, 1 on ESPN on Tuesday, and when the NFLN has those Thursday games, we get that on Friday on ESPN as well. As I said though, during work hours = .
Basicly, thats expensive. Didn't imagine that this is so expensive.
Because you get the Off-season pass with every game from the last season for 40$.

No, here in germany, you basicly get nothing. Although most of the clubs from the old nfl europe were german. Nothing.
American Football is dead in Germany. I would say: If you ask 100 people on the street, only 1 of them would know what the nfl is and know a few rules.
Its really sad. I live next to the border of Switzerland and because our cable television, we have got the luck to be able to watch the 2 public service broadcasters from switzerland and austria. One of the two austrian channels always brings the kickoff game, the conference finals and the superbowl live, adding to a friday night journal which is called nfl blast or something like that, which brings hightlights from the past week, unfortunately there are just a few highlights without are scoreboard, so you can't really follow, who has scored and something like that.
Basicly i think, switzerland and austria are much more nfl friendly than germany. Here in germany, the only possibility to do sports in a city which has less than 50 000 inhabitants is soccer. But on the other side, i know that there is a american football league in switzerland and austria, just amateurs, but who cares? I do also know, that many of this teams have a flag football team too.

Well, time is not that bad like in Australia. The 2pm games on sunday would start at 7pm german time and end at 10pm german time, so it's no problem to watch a 2pm game and then go to bed because you have to get up early the next day. The 4pm games would start around 10pm german time and end somewhere between 1 and 2 am. So thats definitly too late. And don't even think about the Monday Night games, 3am german time or something like that.

But it would be ok. I'd watch every sunday a 2pm game live, if the saints play, I'd watch the saints, if not, something else and then i'd watch the saints game a few days later on demand, at any time I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »