Home

Who has the best offense in the league?

This is a discussion on Who has the best offense in the league? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Who has the best offense in the league?

If you factor in passing, running, personel...schemes and philosophy.

I'd say the Chargers because they have a great stable of backs, they run a fun offense and as for their passing game, it is one of the best in the league with a solid WR corps, great tight end and backs that can catch it very well.

Some teams have great passing, but running wise they might not be average like the Saints, whereas you can have a team like my Giants with the best running game in the league but an ok passing attack.

But this is just my criteria, some people may say the Pats have the best offense and I could understand why.

I think the Texans have the most underrated offense in the league and can be a top 5 offense this season as long as Matt Schaub is healthy.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Who has the best offense in the league?

Even with teams knowing that Sean Payton would never run the ball there wasn't anyone who could stop the offense so I don't know how you can discount that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Patriots. They can run when they want to run and were one of the greatest passing attacks ever two years ago. The Falcons look like they'll be good. So long as Matt Ryan continues to progress they'll be #2. I don't know how you stop a team with a top 5 RB, top 10 WR, and the greatest TE of all time.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

The Patriots
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I hate the team with every fibre of my being but I have to say the Pats probably have the best offense in the league with the Saints being 1A simply because they can mmove the ball downfield even when defenses know they won't run the ball.

The Chargers are right behind those two and I think the Packers are due for an offensive breakthrough year from what i've seen this preseason.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Probably the Patriots for one simple reason- they use the most logic in playcalling.

If one watches a Pats game they will see a common theme now which is continual short passes then relying on quality blocking or the receiver to do some moves. It's why Brady in 07 hardly threw any INTs and why cassel last year was decent in that area as well. I'd say 60-70% of Brady's passes are physically thrown for under 10 yards.

This is the biggest reason why their offense is so powerful now because before they changed to this they were like other offenses thinking the pass game means 12-20 yards to the WRs at the sidelines and having to deal with safety help.

To go with that they then have a great OL (though it hold and never gets called) and a run game that while isn't dominant anymore comes through when needed. All this makes them an efficient offense with minimal mistakes and great ball control.

As an Indy fan it annoys me big time that they do not adopt a more Patriot like passing game since Indy has way too many mid/long routes at the sidelines which are too easy to defend.

Indy's scheme is to me so weak and predictable that it is amazes me Manning and co each year have a great passing attack.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

With a healthy Brady, the Patriots by a good bit.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Well the Pats are the first team on everyone's mind, but with Matt Light being a grandpa he's probably going to get whipped quite a bit this year. Brady will have a lot of pressure on him that he didn't in 2007; sometimes that will hurt the deep ball. Keeping that in mind, I think the Packers will have the best offense this year. Other teams near the top will be the Cowboys, Chargers, and Cardinals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »