Home

Week 3: Sunday Night Football - IND @ ARI

This is a discussion on Week 3: Sunday Night Football - IND @ ARI within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Week 3: Sunday Night Football - IND @ ARI

Great game comin up on Sunday. The Colts travel to Arizona to take on the defending NFC Champs, the Cardinals, on Sunday Night Football.

The Cardinals are 1-1 so far this year. They lost a close game to the 49ers in week 1, then bounced back in impressive fashion last week blowing out the Jaguars. Kurt Warner played nearly perfect in that game, 24-26, 243 yards, and 2 TD's.

The Colts on the other hand are 2-0. They defeated the Jaguars in week 1 14-12, then traveled to Miami and defeated the Dolphins, on Monday Night Football, 27-23 despite only having the ball for less than a quarter.

I'm pretty nervous about this game. The Colts are playing in a hostile environment, against a great offense with two premier WR's and a Super Bowl winning QB. I think it'll be a pretty evenly matched game with a lot of points. But, I'm not going to predict the outcome for the game. All I'm going to say is that I hope the Colts win. lol.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Week 3: Sunday Night Football - IND @ ARI

24-26 is perfect.

This should be an interesting matchup.

Too close for me to call, and I like both teams so I'm not picking sides.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
24-26 is perfect.
Yea. I guess you're right. lol.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

This is gonna be a very tough game for the Cards. They have a secondary that likes to give up the long ball, and they're facing one of the most dangerous QB/WR/TE combos. Warner better have another near perfect game in him for the win, unfortunately those don't come too often.

24-14 Colts
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Great game comin up on Sunday. The Colts travel to Arizona to take on the defending NFC Champs, the Cardinals, on Sunday Night Football.

The Cardinals are 1-1 so far this year. They lost a close game to the 49ers in week 1, then bounced back in impressive fashion last week blowing out the Jaguars. Kurt Warner played nearly perfect in that game, 24-26, 243 yards, and 2 TD's.

The Colts on the other hand are 2-0. They defeated the Jaguars in week 1 14-12, then traveled to Miami and defeated the Dolphins, on Monday Night Football, 27-23 despite only having the ball for less than a quarter.

I'm pretty nervous about this game. The Colts are playing in a hostile environment, against a great offense with two premier WR's and a Super Bowl winning QB. I think it'll be a pretty evenly matched game with a lot of points. But, I'm not going to predict the outcome for the game. All I'm going to say is that I hope the Colts win. lol.
I think both teams are pretty solid. I'm really worried about our run defense like last week; our DTs are awful! I think that we might be able to move the ball against the Cards' D, but I don't expect too terribly high scoring of a game.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Wow this is not good news for the Colts. Brackett, Freeney, Hayden, and Clint Session are all listed on the injury list this week as questionable for Sunday Nights game. That's not good, especially since we already have Sanders out. We might be playing without 5 defensive starters on Sunday, and those are some key players.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

This will be a tricky game for Indy and I wouldn't be shocked if they get blown out. On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if their D decides to show up and they easily win because you never know with Indy. I am expecting a horrible performance and Indy likes to go against what i think will happen so let's hope that happens again.

I'd say though logically it *should* be a close game and like Monday, I think the offense is going to have to be amazingly sharp for them to win. I have no faith in this defense, especially if Jennings is going to get a lot of play time or heaven forbid, start again since who knows what is going on with hayden. Jennings is the most useless CB in the NFL and that he is still on the team truly baffles me. I'd rather they went and signed Jason David again than keep Timmy boy.

From what I have read the cards use a 3-4 and maybe Manning will struggle again vs them like he *always* does vs 3-4s despite once again, the evidence pointing to the contrary with his numerous 90+ rated games vs that scheme over the last 3 seasons. Still chuckle at that Miami fan who said that especially with the numbers he put up vs Miami.

I hope they are able to and do establish a good ground game and that Brown gets most of the playtime. Addai stinks with his constant twinkletoes dancing out there.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
I have no faith in this defense, especially if Jennings is going to get a lot of play time or heaven forbid, start again since who knows what is going on with hayden. Jennings is the most useless CB in the NFL and that he is still on the team truly baffles me. I'd rather they went and signed Jason David again than keep Timmy boy.
Do you know why Marlin Jackson isn't starting? Why the hell is Jennings out there and not Marlin?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »