Home

NFL's Dirtiest Players

This is a discussion on NFL's Dirtiest Players within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
NFL's Dirtiest Players

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rty/index.html

Quote:
Hines Ward, The Steelers' wide receiver, long considered the league's best blocking wide receiver, received 11.6 percent of the vote. He was followed by Redskins defensive tackle Albert Hanesworth (6.0), Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter (6.0), Bengals safety Roy Williams (5.1) and Titans center Kevin Mawae (4.6). Titans cornerback Courtland Finnegan (4.2), Rams guard Richie Incognito (3.7), Falcons guard Harvey Dahl (3.7), Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (3.7) and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen (3.2) rounded out the top 10.

The poll was conducted in September and included some well-known names in the top 20: Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis (3.2 percent), Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman (2.3 percent) and Jets linebacker Bart Scott (2.3 percent). Former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, who retired last summer, received three votes.

The Broncos' Brandon Marshall, the only other receiver listed in the poll, received one vote. No running backs were selected, but one quarterback did get a vote: the Titans' Vince Young.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #2

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NFL's Dirtiest Players

Yeah I read that article earlier, It seems like most of the guys on that list are the ones who hit harder than most. How Troy P and Hines can be dirty player blows my mind.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Vince Young WTF?

Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Hines Ward may be one of the more physical WR in the game today in terms of blocking and all that jazz but that doesn't make him a dirty player IMO. The guy would be an asset to any team regardless of era. He might play right up to the line of acceptable boundaries but the best of the best will take as much as they can.

I wonder if players today would call Michael Irvin dirty? I was watching an NFL-N classic game of the Falcons/Cowboys and Irvin would beat up the guy covering him until he couldn't anymore which gave him leverage to make some of his catches. Hell, there was one route he ran where just before he went down his route he pushed the defender out of his way and ran his route for a big catch!

That's just something you don't see much of today.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #5

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Vince Young WTF?
Yeah thats what I'm saying, thats just idiotic to even have Vince's name in the conversation.

Edit: I'm still flippin out over Troy I mean the guy is a beast and just cause some players hit harder than most. If a guy starts little fight out on the field( just pushing and shoving), talks smack, and is rude or looks like a bad guy he is a dirty player. I know Finnegan has gotten into it wth a few guys and Hanyesworth kicked a guy in the face but, when the play is happening and you happen lay a highlight hit on a guy there always quick label it a dirty then making you look like a dirty player in the process.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 11-04-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

How the hell is Vince Young dirty?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

I wouldn't trade Hines Ward for anything. And may he transition right to the Steelers coaching staff when his playing days are done.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I wouldn't trade Hines Ward for anything. And may he transition right to the Steelers coaching staff when his playing days are done.
I don't know if you've seen much of training camps or anything, but he appears to already be on his way. The dude spends more time working with the younger receivers than running routes himself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »