Home

Week 15: Packers @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 15: Packers @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Week 15: Packers @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
see that's my point though there is no happy medium. they could run the ball more if they went with a two back approach. i understand that he won alot of games that way. but remember people was calling for his head to because it was thought they were not aggressive enough.
I was one of then who called for his head because come playoff time, his neanderthal approach cost them many, many chances to proceed. How many AFCC home games were lost because opponents stayed alive, and then won it late? Cowher's approach was best against inferior opponents in the regular season. He never adjusted in the big games. To me, Cowher will always be known as one of the best regular season coaches, but also one of the worst playoff coaches.

This pass approach now does work for the most part. Their main problem this year was scoring TD's in the red zone. That's where i believe Arians should throw in more run plays.

Their special teams and D (mostly the secondary) are the huge reason why they are 7-7.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #130
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm happy with the pass happy offense, except in games like Cleveland where the run was working and they refused to stick with it. Though the pass seems to be the way to go, especially lately, so they need to stick with it.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 14

History has proven in January, especially in the cold, a good, consistent running game is almost imperative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #132
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
History has proven in January, especially in the cold, a good, consistent running game is almost imperative.
And a good pass-first team can have that balance by keeping that SS out of the box.

Cowher would call runs on 1st and 2nd downs against 8-9 man fronts, and then blame lack of execution as the culprit for failed results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »