Home

Old 11-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
NFL Noob

Good Afternoon Folks,

I love Madden and have been watching the NFL for 12 years now. However, since I am not from the US (lived there for 5-6 years), there is one franchise question that's been bugging me.

How come NY can have two teams (Jets/Giants) whilst another city like Jersey has none? (even though the Giants stadium is technically in Jersey).

So why cant Jersey have its own representation? (The Situation and Snookie dont count! I Kidd, I kidd..)

Orlando has no NFL team. Yet Florida has the Dolphins, Buccaneers and the Panthers?

I can go on and on but why is it that some cities have 2 teams whilst some states have none?

What gives? Is it the money? Also is the NFL expanding? Are we going to have any more teams? What are the regulations?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NFL Noob

New York has the Buffalo Bills too. It's like that in every sport. NHL, MLB, & NBA also have multiple teams from New York. The big markets (like NY, California) have multiple teams and smaller markets don't. There's no formal rule dictating where teams can be from or how many can be in a state. It just has to do with what places are profitable and will bring attendance.

Also the Panthers are in Carolina not Florida (maybe you were thinking of the NHL's Florida Panthers?). Florida does have the Jacksonville Jaguars though.

While I wouldn't say expansion is impossible I would doubt it. The NFL have a perfect system for the playoffs and scheduling with 4 teams in each division and 4 divisions in each conference. Expansion would mess that up. There is a possibility of relocation of teams. Less popular teams could end up going to different markets.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Yet Florida has the Dolphins, Buccaneers and the Panthers?

Not starting off on a good foot, man. The Panthers are in North Carolina. The Jaguars are in Jacksonville, FL.

Spoiler

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS

Not starting off on a good foot, man. The Panthers are in North Carolina. The Jaguars are in Jacksonville, FL.

Spoiler
Sorry got mixed up with the NHL..

So its just money related?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »