Home

ESPN's New QB Rating

This is a discussion on ESPN's New QB Rating within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #185
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: ESPN's New QB Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I think they were purposefully trying to see if Orton could get it done in the redzone. It is just preseason after all.
i agree thats what they were trying to do but its pretty pointless, if the defense knows your going to pass in the redzone its pretty much impossible to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #186
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
The year after he left the Ravens, he had a career year, a year inwhich he almost led the seahawks to the playoffs and supplanted Hasselback as the starter. Prior to getting injured (tearing his achilles his 2nd year with the hawks) He had won 15 starts in a row from his time with the Ravens to his first year with the hawks. He ended the year with a rating of 92.6 His best year after winning the SB. That's wtf I am talking about.

Stats don't make a qb good or bad, situation and circumstances usually dictate statistical production. Good qb play, usually is defined by where you can take your team. Trent is a SB qb that won a ring with a great defense, that goes for about 95% of the qb's that have won SB's.

Concerning Joe Namath:

Most Hall of Fame quarterbacks have thrown for 200-plus touchdowns.

Throughout his 13-year career with the New York Jets, Namath threw more interceptions (220) than touchdowns (173). He averaged 17 interceptions a year and eclipsed 20 five times in his career.

Let’s talk about his accuracy—Namath averaged a remarkably low completion percentage of 50.1 throughout his career. He also completed fewer than 50 percent seven seasons throughout his career. Joe had a 65.5 quarterback rating.

He played in 129 games and only won 62. His 48 percent career winning percentage also included only 16 fourth quarter comebacks.

Namath led the league in passing yards three times (1966, 1967, and 1972) in his career, while throwing more interceptions (76) than touchdowns (64) in those seasons combined.

He also only threw for a career total of 27,663 passing yards, averaging just over 2,100 yards a season and led the league in interceptions four times during his career—1966 (27), 1967 (28), 1974 (22), and 1975 (28).

In the five years he made the Pro Bowl, Namath recorded a total of 98 interceptions. He only averaged 10 games a year throughout a 13-year career.

Like I said, stats paint a picture they don't tell the whole story. You attempted to paint a picture that was rosey concerning Namath, but the whole story shows quite a bit of weeds. What else you got stats man?
DDDAAAMMMNNN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #187
Pro

OVR: 7

I hate the new QB rating because, it's confidential. I can implement the old QB rating into my football game, but the new one? I can't, because I don't have the formulas.

Super lame. Anything proprietary in stats should be ignored.

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773
Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #188
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Absolutely. The sample size is way too small, but even in Tebow's 3 starts, he still put up more yards per game than Orton and more TDs as well. He looked pretty good again last night, while Orton struggled in the redzone (which apparently he's done for a long time now).
Yeah, I actually believe in Tebow... and will at least give him a chance. But right now, Orton is the better option. I'd even say he was last season. Tebow's a taker but still needs another season... if not half a season.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #189
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I actually believe in Tebow... and will at least give him a chance. But right now, Orton is the better option. I'd even say he was last season. Tebow's a taker but still needs another season... if not half a season.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think there's a decent chance he'll be starting again by the end of the year like he was last season.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #190
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I didn't know where to post this. So I posted this in the closet QB thread I could find. Eli is a good Quarterback. But he is not in the same class as Brady is.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...iots-tom-brady
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #191
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I didn't know where to post this. So I posted this in the closet QB thread I could find. Eli is a good Quarterback. But he is not in the same class as Brady is.

Yeah, I saw that. I think what Eli said is blown out of proportion. Eli is simply saying that as far as qb skills and no-how goes, he is just as good as or on the same track as Brady is (although he is not as consistent). It took Brady time to learn how to be great since he won his first SB, and it is going to take him some time. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think Brees, Rodgers and Ben could claim the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #192
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Interesting. I think putting himself in the same class as Brady is a little much, but he really can make any throw you ask him to make. As Nova pointed out, his problem is that his decision making isn't consistently good yet. The ability to avoid sacks while remaining in the pocket is very good. His ability to make throws is very good. His ability to lead a team in the closing moments of games is very good. It's the decision making that needs work, but I think it's worth noting that the 2 years before this past season, he had fewer INTs than last season combined. I think this past season's INTs were absolutely a fluke.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »