Home

Favorite NFL team in Utah

This is a discussion on Favorite NFL team in Utah within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

jeffcrab's Arena

OVR: 1
Favorite NFL team in Utah

I live in Utah. My favorite pro teams are all local except the Eagles. You see, in Utah, you pretty much pick any team you want. Most people would pick a dynasty like the Patriots or Steelers, but I liked McNabb so I picked Philly. I've always felt like I wasn't a bandwagoner because I live in Utah and I hate the Broncos, but every once in a while I feel like I don't belong with a group like Philly fans. Am I right to think I am not a bandwagoner? Maybe I should adopt the Seahawks who have two rookies from Utah State on their team (they are definitely my second fave right now)?
NCAAF: Utah State, Oregon
NCAAB: Utah State, Oregon

Current Aggie, future Duck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Favorite NFL team in Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcrab
I live in Utah. My favorite pro teams are all local except the Eagles. You see, in Utah, you pretty much pick any team you want. Most people would pick a dynasty like the Patriots or Steelers, but I liked McNabb so I picked Philly. I've always felt like I wasn't a bandwagoner because I live in Utah and I hate the Broncos, but every once in a while I feel like I don't belong with a group like Philly fans. Am I right to think I am not a bandwagoner? Maybe I should adopt the Seahawks who have two rookies from Utah State on their team (they are definitely my second fave right now)?
You're totally fine. As long as you've stuck with your team through thick and thin, you're not a bandwagoner.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Rookie

jeffcrab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
You're totally fine. As long as you've stuck with your team through thick and thin, you're not a bandwagoner.
Yeah. I've stuck with them since I've been watching football. Because of that I've been lucky enough to see some great games (at Giants, 2010) and some bad ones (vs. Green Bay in playoffs). You must be pretty committed to those Jags! No offense, but they are tough to watch.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I give you credit for picking such an abysmal franchise *smirk smirk smirk*
Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
You must be pretty committed to those Jags! No offense, but they are tough to watch.
Still living off of 1996 and 1999, my friend.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

jeffcrab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I give you credit for picking such an abysmal franchise *smirk smirk smirk*
You did a good job with that as well! (pleeeeaaasseeee don't mention the super bowls)

Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Philadelphia is the most historic city in this great nation. Be a fan of that!

Over the 2000's there has been a lot of success and an organization which has been one of the finest in the league over that stretch. The Lombardi Trophy has eluded us, but the history of winning can still be found w/in the organization.

I fell in love w/ Philly as a kid because of the Rocky movies, and because my dad was born/raised in South Jersey and his teams were are in Philadelphis I adopted them as my own, being born/raised in South Virginia (Redskin Territory).
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

The more and more I see threads like this (and just this topic in general) come up, the more I think "Like who you like and don't give a **** what other people think". I mean I'm definitely one to make a bandwagoner joke when the opportunity presents itself, but it's all in good fun. People shouldn't worry if they'll be looked at as a bandwagoner/front runner/whatever if they decide they want to like a team.

This article here brings up many great points on this kind of subject.

I tend to side with what Jacoby says in that article, although I'm personally more loyal/attached to the teams I root for.

Quote:
David Jacoby

Regardless of what some people believe (read: Bill), there are no rules for being a sports fan. You can be a fan of whatever team you want, whenever you want. The team you root for is a completely subjective concept, and there isn't some committee (read: Bill) that sets guidelines and allows you a window to make a switch. That is some bull****. Who is someone else to tell me what team they "are fine with" me being a fan of? When I turn on the television and see two teams trying to win a game, I don't send an e-mail to a distribution list asking if it is OK for me to want one team to win more than the other, it just happens in my heart. If you're a Knicks fan and you want to root for the Nets, go right ahead. Who cares? That is what I will be doing. I know this opinion is unpopular, but you know what isn't unpopular? ****ing freedom. So while all of you are asking each other permission to root for one team or another, I will be draped in the American flag drinking a Budweiser with a bald eagle perched on my arm switching sports-team allegiances. If you have a problem with that, then you should really reevaluate what is important to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »