Home

Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)

This is a discussion on Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)

One season ago, the 5-11 Redskins lead by Rex Grossman were able sweep the eventual Super Bowl Champs mostly on the strength of their defense.

This year, the Redskins are lead by Bob Griffin, and the offense. The Giants vaunted front 4 hasn't really made much of an impact yet, but this could be the game to break out.

This has the potential to be a shoot-out. Eli has thrown for 500+ yards once this season and Washington hasn't shown an ability to stop anyone throwing the ball. It will be interesting to see if Bob Griffin can avoid the KO shot that we know New York will be looking to deliver. Can the Skins defense again force three turnovers (& score a TD) while allowing another QB to throw for over 300 yards?

Should be a good one in the NFC (B)East!

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Really tough game to pick. I have a feeling that after the huge win the Giants have a let down and the skins take it
Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 7: Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)

This is where I can say, The Giants get a bad rap for letdowns when ever yteam in the league has lets downs just the same; or the D line has finally woken up and against the best Oline in the league; or the secondary is not nearly as bad as it seems; or that Eli is ready to go off on this upcoming secondary; or the offensive line looks to be ready to push all piles and stop all rushers; or that the defense will totally be up for containing RG3 and the running backs.

But with the Giants, the moment you think anything like this, boom you get the Giant's Amazingly Disappointing Game(TM).

Nothing about the Redskins really scares me other than RG3 which is pretty much the only thing that really needs to. Oh that and Eli loving to pad the Redskin secondary's stats. I hope our losing streak to the Skins ends this weekend.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

NFC Beast? Yeah ok man lol

I'll take the Giants by 10 but it'll be a close game throughout.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Giants play much better on the road for some reason and when its teams there suppose to beat they fold ill go Redskins 24-22 GW field goal for the finish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

RGIII is a beast, but he is the only gamebreaker on the Redskins' offense right now. The Skins do really well when Alfred Morris gets going, so we need to shut that run game down and force RGIII to pass into coverage. I think we will take care of business and win this one. We can't afford to give away another division game.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Go Skins. But also go team chemistry issues for both teams and implosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Well Im gonna miss this weekend in football for things completely out of my hands so yeah

The Giants have been talking out of control to the media this season. I cant tell if they are talking more than usual or the media is just reporting every single thing they say this season. Some highlights include

JPP warning RG3 to run to the other side, not my side, not my side, dont bring it here, dont bring it there either, not to my side, dont bring it here. Showing that his media training is completely forgotten.

Osi Umenyiora proclaiming Bob Griffin as Sir Robert Griffin III and implying that he is scared of RG3 running to his side. Media members are unsure if Osi is being sarcastic as Osi legitimately has been horrendous when anybody runs toward him this season.

Rookie David Wilson spent today proclaiming he is a Future Hall of Famer so long as he actually gets the ball. Nothing like the third string running back proclaiming things after 15 career carries by week 6.

No Kevin Gilbride news this week as he is still laughing his *** off about last week's fiasco with Jim Harbaugh. His offensive gameplan is sure to include some 5 yard stop routes to the Redskin defenders and a draw play in a critical third and long situation. Id predict he accounts for at least 14 Redskin points on sunday.

The Giants are notorious for following big wins with bad losses (not that every team doesnt go through this same thing every year but its the Giants so they get more scrutiny for it). And they are terrible at 1pm games. And they have been terrible against Rex Grossman led Skins teams so Sir Robert Griffin III would appear to make things worse. I predict a few failed contains by Osi giving away many 3rd and longs but I have the secondary containing the passing game. Its really all about how the defense gets the Skins off the field in 3rd and long situations which they were terrible at in the two loses we have taken so far.

On offense, well i hope we score as the Skins defense hasn't laid down against us no matter what the records are. I just hope Eli doesnt go all "THROW EVERYTHING TO CRUZ" mode as it almost bit us in the *** multiple times against San Fran.

Giants 27 Redskins 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »