Home

New Fave Team

This is a discussion on New Fave Team within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which team should I start watching?
Steelers 4 13.33%
Giants 2 6.67%
Patriots 6 20.00%
Packers 11 36.67%
Ravens 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
Rookie

ObiJuanKenobi's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New Fave Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
Yeah I don't get that either, I mean I understand how much it sucks to be a fan of a perennial loser being a Browns fan but I could never give up on them, while it may never happen if they do ever end up winning a Super Bowl the payoff of having stuck with them through all the horrible seasons will be incredible.
Yeah I have been a lions fan since I was about ten. It's tough being a fan of a losing team but when they do make a Super Bowl run it will mean a lot more than just jumping on the band wagon of a winning team. My buddy happens to be a die hard browns fan. They are a team that looks like it could have some talent for the future and be a contender in the next few years. I just don't know if building a team around Brandon weeden is the best idea though. With his age how long would he really be in the league.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: New Fave Team

As someone who would kill to have a professional team in their home state to have grown up watching and make travel easier, I say stick it out with your favorite team.. ride or die.

I've been a Bucs fan since I was 8, right as the Tony Dungy era began.

A few years later the Bucs won the SuperBowl, but since then the team has been mediocre and above average a lot. I'm still a Bucs fan win or lose, but it would be awesome if they had been closer as I grew up.

I'm going through this with the NHL. I'm becoming interested in the sport again and I naturally gravitate towards teams from LA and Tampa, but I'm afraid to call myself a Kings fan because of their recent success.

I can understand dilemmas like this for people like myself who became fans of their teams, which are all from out of state, at a young age... just don't take your favorite teams for granted if they are close by.

I travel to Tampa for one Bucs game a year and I've been to Staples twice and they were extremely important events and times in my life.. enjoy it if you can and stick it out with your teams.

This was directed at no one in particular, just my .02 cents. on the subject.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »