Home

Week 16: New York Giants (5-9) @ Detroit Lions (7-7)

This is a discussion on Week 16: New York Giants (5-9) @ Detroit Lions (7-7) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Week 16: New York Giants (5-9) @ Detroit Lions (7-7)

Which team's QB will throw less interceptions is the only question. Lions probably choke this one away somehow. Schwartz gets fired. And all Detroit fans fight holiday depression once again as Green Bay and Chicago fight for the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 16: New York Giants (5-9) @ Detroit Lions (7-7)

Hopefully Eli throws another 5 ints. Just really hammer the point home that he totally deserves a second 100 million dollar contract.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Lions probably choke this one away somehow. Schwartz gets fired. And all Detroit fans fight holiday depression once again as Green Bay and Chicago fight for the division.
If the Lions blow it and Schwartz gets canned, I doubt I'll be depressed.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Eli is not Peyton for sure. I think overall he is a decent QB and has come up big for the Giants in some pretty big games. The OL is not good which exposes him. Given an improved OL and a receiver next year he should improve. Whoever decided not to sign Bennett the guy they picked up from the Cowboys a couple of years ago needs to be fired.
While you can't take away the two Super Bowls they have over the past few years I would say that overall since Coughlan took over the team they have been just a shade over a league average team and have never dominated.
FWIW Manning is NOT a HOF QB but the way this league puts guys in he probably goes to Canton.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
If the Lions blow it and Schwartz gets canned, I doubt I'll be depressed.
Schwartz needs to go. Any team with this much talent that makes the same stupid mistakes year after year has no discipline. Cut the head off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Eli is not Peyton for sure. I think overall he is a decent QB and has come up big for the Giants in some pretty big games. The OL is not good which exposes him. Given an improved OL and a receiver next year he should improve. Whoever decided not to sign Bennett the guy they picked up from the Cowboys a couple of years ago needs to be fired.
While you can't take away the two Super Bowls they have over the past few years I would say that overall since Coughlan took over the team they have been just a shade over a league average team and have never dominated.
FWIW Manning is NOT a HOF QB but the way this league puts guys in he probably goes to Canton.
Lord knows Im happy for what Eli gave us championship wise but the man is an average at best QB. Even in the best of times his mechanics fall apart his accuracy vanishes and he loses concentration on how hard or soft he needs to throw the ball at random times.

Couple that with a stubborn coaching staff that literally refuses to evolve the offense with the rest of the league and you have this season's Giants team. I dont really have a problem with Eli playing here until he retires. I have a MAJOR issue with paying him for past accomplishments instead of future projections. Giving him another 100 million contract will cripple this team for another 5 years.

No franchise lives in the past like the NY Giants. They are petrified of new and it starts at the top with its stubborn caveman head coach. If by some miracle they fired Gilbride the old geezer would hire another 68 year old OC from nowhere just so he can run these outdated concepts. Teams dont even have to try to stop our O. Its the most predictable offense in the league. I cant even blame this whole mess on Eli. Hes been running the same stale offense for 10 years.

And dont get me started on our bitchmade WRs/TEs. Only man on that unit with any soul is Cruz. The rest of them are spineless husks with no heart to speak of.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

The Lions need this win to remain in the playoff hunt...so I'm expecting them to choke it away. To the Giants.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Somehow Lions gonna Lions and screw this up. Still won't stop me from Perfect Plex'ing my TV in frustration.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »