Home

Sports Daily: Who Will QB the Jets?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Who Will QB the Jets? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Daily: Who Will QB the Jets?

With news of Donald Sterling going 'Confederate Union' on the basketball world and Major League Baseball starting to slide out of the honeymoon phase and into the grind of the regular season -- how about a little focus on football?

The NFL draft is approaching fast, but other offseason moves may be the ones we talk about when the 2014 season rolls around. More specifically, additions in places like New York.

The NY Jets added Eagles departure Michael Vick at quarterback to "mentor" 2013 draftee Geno Smith. But according to some (see: Lesean McCoy) the starting job will likely be Vick's considering how much better he feels the embattled veteran is when compared to Smith.

Sound Off: Who will take the most snaps at QB for the NY Jets in 2014?

Sports Headlines for April 29, 2014
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Why even bring Vick in if he is not going to be the starter! I cant stand teams that dont have a clear cut starter b4 training camp or worse by the end of pre-season. The Jets wont be successful if they keep playing games! Maybe internally they have told Vick he is the guy but want to make it seem like a competition? Why? Maybe they dont want to hurt Genos feelings? All in all its a lame tactic and the Jets would be better off just giving Vick the job now, release Geno, go sign a veteran back-up.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
In my opinion and this is just my opinion but I think the Jets are using a tactic of killing two birds with one stone, Vick is at the end of his career and I think can start and be good for this year or two but in another sense I think this will make or break Geno, will he rise to the challenge or fail and just be another failed experiment at QB for the Jets. I wouldn't be surprised if they selected another QB if not this year then next year.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Vick to start. He will get hurt, like always, then it will be the Geno show again.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Sports Daily: Who Will QB the Jets?

I understand having depth. What I don't understand is bringing in a commodity that has clearly hit its ceiling long ago.

Geno should be given every opportunity to succeed and fail so the team has done it's due diligence, but obviously, I don't have my head coaching job on the line. There is a lot Geno can learn from Vick, but I don't know if Vick is exactly the mentoring type.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »