Home

2023–2024 English Football Thread

This is a discussion on 2023–2024 English Football Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2024, 04:17 PM   #1065
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2023–2024 English Football Thread

1. We all know 'a foul anywhere else' doesn't hold up in the penalty area—there is often (obviously not consistently) a higher threshold once inside the area, as there should be (all fouls do not interfere with a goal scoring opportunity).

2. I think the issue/lack of clarity is Mac Allister throwing his shoulder/arm to the ball, and chest at Doku. It muddies the entire situation, because it's not just a high boot into a chest, it's one player legitimately going for the ball (with a high boot, I get it) and one seemingly trying to impede that player's attempt at the ball, draw contact, or even illegally handle the ball.

If it was given, it makes sense, but I honestly think Mac Allister's movement to the ball is what throws it entirely in the air. It would be amazing if there was even a shred of transparency and we could just hear the audio immediately/live as rugby has done for decades.

But, Liverpool should've won well before that moment occurred if they took their chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 05:55 PM   #1066
Rookie

Kayla's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Re: 2023–2024 English Football Thread

I still can't believe that the referee didn't award Liverpool the penalty in the injury time.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:57 PM   #1067
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it’s just a pen.

McAllister has every right to throw his body into the ball, that’s part of the game. Doku straight up kicks him in the chest.

Also these are the types of games where I kinda get why everyone hates City. Kyle Walker taking 45 seconds on every throw in and not even getting talked to by the ref, at one point towards the end Liverpool had a free kick and two separate City players kicked the ball away and neither of them got a card lmao.

Walker also probably committed a good 4-5 yellow card challenges, it’s so wild he ended the game with zero cards ahahaha.

Lots of games left and only 1 point between 3 teams, but you know with almost 100% certainty this title will be decided by the refs in the end.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:18 PM   #1068
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

They are reffed differently. Period. Have been for years.

Curious that Newcastle are now as well.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:43 PM   #1069
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I think it’s just a pen.

McAllister has every right to throw his body into the ball, that’s part of the game. Doku straight up kicks him in the chest.

Also these are the types of games where I kinda get why everyone hates City. Kyle Walker taking 45 seconds on every throw in and not even getting talked to by the ref, at one point towards the end Liverpool had a free kick and two separate City players kicked the ball away and neither of them got a card lmao.

Walker also probably committed a good 4-5 yellow card challenges, it’s so wild he ended the game with zero cards ahahaha.

Lots of games left and only 1 point between 3 teams, but you know with almost 100% certainty this title will be decided by the refs in the end.

Kyle Walker is absolutely done. Everyone is always like “ Walker has to start for England at RB and City because of his recovery pace”. They neglect he’s a** going forward and he gets done A LOT on the counter. Hell…we absolutely suck in front of goal and we did them and Walker for 5 goals (should have been at least 2-3 more) over 2 matches. Start TAA (if he’s healthy) and put your best players out there.

Speaking of best players…

KDB…please rise. Getting hooked at 60mins for Kova because Pep wanted “more control” in a title decider….

Scholes, Lamps, Gerrard would never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2024, 06:44 PM   #1070
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Some of Luis Diaz's touches today we're out of this world.

I thought he was both brilliant and awful

Some of the chances he flubbed were huge but he also worked his socks off

Old 03-10-2024, 06:48 PM   #1071
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
2023–2024 English Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Kyle Walker is absolutely done. Everyone is always like “ Walker has to start for England at RB and City because of his recovery pace”. They neglect he’s a** going forward and he gets done A LOT on the counter. Hell…we absolutely suck in front of goal and we did them and Walker for 5 goals (should have been at least 2-3 more) over 2 matches. Start TAA (if he’s healthy) and put your best players out there.

Speaking of best players…

KDB…please rise. Getting hooked at 60mins for Kova because Pep wanted “more control” in a title decider….

Scholes, Lamps, Gerrard would never

Endo sent KDB to go argue with Pep lol

Let’s also talk about king Haaland. Did he play?

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 03-10-2024 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 07:43 PM   #1072
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Endo sent KDB to go argue with Pep lol

Let’s also talk about king Haaland. Did he play?

lol yeah Halaand was pretty MIA apart from that 1v1. Thought VVD did a good job of slowing him up and Halaand did well to still manage to get the ball onto his stronger foot. I just come to expect that won’t be involved much in a lot of games.

I always thought Halaand would be better under Klopp’s system where he can actually use his legs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »