Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #1649
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ***The Official Arsenal "Gunners" Thread***

Ugh- I guess this was inevitable. I still proudly say I saw Cesc's first official game with the Gunners (Carling Cup 2003), the start of what would be a very memorable career.

Now that the Emirates Stadium debt is paid off, Arsenal better be prepared to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.

1. Goalkeeper
2. Defender
3. Midfielder

All three are glaring needs for the squad. With RVP, I'm fairly comfortable at striker but there are major question marks going back from there. If Wenger doesn't act aggressively in this transfer window, Arsenal could be in bad shape. Man City will only get better and Liverpool will probably be a bit more consistent next year.

However, with the right moves, he could set up Arsenal to be very dangerous next year. I love RVP, Vermaelen was a phenomenal signing, Nasri played inspired ball, and Arshavin (though at times really lazy) played pretty solid all year. Song really impressed me late in the season as well. However, those guys aren't enough to compete for trophies.

We'll see what happens- exciting time to be a Gunner for sure!

Last edited by Spectre; 05-20-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #1650
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
I think it happens.

Guess I will have to get used to not despising Barcelona.
But we still have yet to hear anything from Cesc, Wenger, or Arsenal. As Arseblog points out, there is nothing to indicate that any offer has been made.

Am I concerned? Yes.

But I also think this could just be Barca trying a media blitz in an attempt to convince Cesc and pressure Arsenal.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #1651
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
But we still have yet to hear anything from Cesc, Wenger, or Arsenal. As Arseblog points out, there is nothing to indicate that any offer has been made.

Am I concerned? Yes.

But I also think this could just be Barca trying a media blitz in an attempt to convince Cesc and pressure Arsenal.
too me this story just does nt make sense
why sign cesc now and not as Xavi' replacement in 2-3 years

The Barca midfield is the starting spanish midfield a team where Cesc is a substitute

if cesc signs he gets to sit on the bench and play the "ramsey" role for Barca, sub appearances cover injuries and domestic cup games
I just cant see it

saying that ive been wrong before but 30-40 million for a bench player is nuts.

I fully expect Cesc to play for Barcelona at some stage I was kind of hoping it would be in 3 years or so

Just bear in mind
4 years of Viera's leaving -Real/barca and AC
5 Years of Henry is leaving -Real and Barca
guess its Cesc turn

Its an easy story to write and Arsenal do very little to put out the flames as they "do not Speak out about transfer rumours" but the little titbits im hearing especially on Talk Sport make it sound like they are at least talking about it
"boss he does nt know who he is!"
"well tell him he's Pele and get him fecking back on"
BFR manager of WBA 1978
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1652
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonertaff
too me this story just does nt make sense
why sign cesc now and not as Xavi' replacement in 2-3 years

The Barca midfield is the starting spanish midfield a team where Cesc is a substitute

if cesc signs he gets to sit on the bench and play the "ramsey" role for Barca, sub appearances cover injuries and domestic cup games
I just cant see it

saying that ive been wrong before but 30-40 million for a bench player is nuts.

I fully expect Cesc to play for Barcelona at some stage I was kind of hoping it would be in 3 years or so

Just bear in mind
4 years of Viera's leaving -Real/barca and AC
5 Years of Henry is leaving -Real and Barca
guess its Cesc turn

Its an easy story to write and Arsenal do very little to put out the flames as they "do not Speak out about transfer rumours" but the little titbits im hearing especially on Talk Sport make it sound like they are at least talking about it
Minus Xabi Alonso but they still have Busquets and Toure and you would think they would start Toure for his defensive presence.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #1653
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Minus Xabi Alonso but they still have Busquets and Toure and you would think they would start Toure for his defensive presence.
If the rumors are true, it seems like what they're trying to do is exchange someone like Toure to lower the transfer price, however if I were Wenger I would hold off for as high a fee as I could get.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #1654
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree...I'd take 40 million+ instead of a player exchange. In any event, I have a feeling we'll be hearing news tomorrow on this.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #1655
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
If the rumors are true, it seems like what they're trying to do is exchange someone like Toure to lower the transfer price, however if I were Wenger I would hold off for as high a fee as I could get.
It's getting to the point where I no longer know what to believe at all, but the last I read, Arsenal have said they still have no interest in selling Cesc, which of course means they could, but it would take a huge offer, 45 million being the last I saw on Telegraph.

After spending as much as they just did on Villa, I'm also seriously wondering if Barca can even afford to spend as much as we're asking. Then of course, the price could come down if Cesc clearly asks to leave. Which means Barca's dirty tricks would work out in the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #1656
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

I can guarantee that Arsenal isn't going to do Barcelona any favors in these negotiations. They have been tapping up Cesc for going on about 3 years now.

If Barca truely want Cesc they're going to have to pay a hefty sum.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »