Home

Blur (Bizzare's new game)

This is a discussion on Blur (Bizzare's new game) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Blur (Bizzare's new game)

First images here: http://www.xboxygen.com/Medias/Image...rse-de-Bizarre

The bulit in translator I have translates the article as:

"Blur is the new play of race developed by Bizarre Creations, the famous developers of the series PGR which proved its effectiveness many times. It was known that they worked on a new play of race and one is entitled now to some images which one finds in the Joypad magazine left today. According to a member of the forum of JV.fr, Blur will be held in a town environment, cities such as Los Angeles, Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, London or Barcelona, but with invented circuits, certainly to offer to the players the most possible fun. Because the characteristic of Blur, it is that it will be possible to use no-claims bonus which one will recover throughout the race. One will be able for example to electrocute his enemies, to sow mines, to use a shield or to repair the body of his car. Apparently, the cars could be damaged via a very new engine of collisions. Always according to the same source, Bizarre wishes that the Community aspect play an important part in the play. One speaks thus about "card of identity" for the players, and it would be visible as well in the play as on a Web site dedicated to the manner of what is done for Halo 3. In the same way, the players could defy themselves via a system of textos and quickly join races with a system of groups, management of specific rules and a photo and video mode to divide. Exit planned for the end of the year and more details as soon as possible on Xboxygen!"

So it sounds like a combat racing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Blur (Bizzare's new game)

Love their racers, a little concerned that it looks like Project Gotham meets Mario Kart, but we'll see.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

EG,

I have faith in Bizzare to make a pretty cool hybrid racing game of Combat Racing.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
EG,

I have faith in Bizzare to make a pretty cool hybrid racing game of Combat Racing.
Oh I do too, I've loved every game they have touched. Just worried about the concept, but it's something that I won't write off because of how I know the developer handles their titles.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Oh I do too, I've loved every game they have touched. Just worried about the concept, but it's something that I won't write off because of how I know the developer handles their titles.
I think this could be cool.

A Car Combat game from a company that knows how to make a racing game. MMM... could be pretty cool.

I hope they show this off at E3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Some info from the current issue of EDGE:

• Blur focuses on reward rather than challenge.
  • Different styles of racing.
  • 20-player online events.
  • Local 4-player racing.
  • Characters in the game are connected to a social network (referred to as RaceBook, MyRace, InnerTube) which works as the interface.
  • Network Includes race invitations, fan tracking, your car catalog in this "mode".
  • In-game photo sharing in a separate mode.
  • What you can do is create a race mode that suits you, and put that on the in-game network that other people can join. Essentially that means you have a set of matchmaking playlists that are completely editable by the user.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Eurogamer Hands-on

Quote:
A field of 20 cars, licensed, tuned and modified: muscle cars, sleek tuner coupés, rusting vintage "rat cars" hiding monster engines, J-drift specials, off-roaders, not a Ferrari in sight. Lurid twilight skies brooding over trash-strewn wastelands. Sprawling, free-flowing tracks studded with jumps, giant aprons of cracked tarmac, corners shaped not by barriers and kerbs but hastily scattered traffic cones and destructible street furniture, arrows of light painted across buildings. Flash mobs and social networking and user-created content. Dark drum and bass.

And power-ups. Fantasy power-ups: bright, colour-coded neon crackles and waves of energy that shock, shunt and barge the opposition, as well as mines and speed boosts. Combined with the large, tightly-packed field of cars and broad tracks, they make for a bustling and chaotic race, a game that's less about technique than it is instinct and survival.
Quote:
After playing through a four-track demo a few times you can add a few more names to its hall of fame: the gritty street glamour of Midnight Club, the futurism and weapon balance of WipEout, the combative, bodywork-shredding crashes of Burnout. And yes, PGR, not forsaken completely, but living on in the poised, tactile handling with its detailed physical feedback and those trademark drifts. It's just that it's now balanced on a sturdy, accommodating pillar rather than a knife-edge.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »