Old 10-18-2015, 01:05 AM   #6
studbucket
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Bringing Back the Buzz: Zo & '92-93 Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
First off -- following. I'm honored to have inspired you.

Secondly, as for getting players in from Coach J. college days, since you're in MyLeague you have ultimate control of the roster (at least I do, anyway -- I'm on PC, but it should work the same for everyone I would hope). I can edit any players name to whatever I want and the game lets me.

I would go ahead and dredge up the worst of the free agents (IE guys no one knows) or edit some of the guys on your team to whatever names you want. You can't change faces, but you can change heights/attributes/gear. It's not exactly what you want.

Or, since you're only two games into this, you can start it over again (with created players of your choice put on the Hornets roster before the MyLeague). Since you already made the trades above, you know what you want and how you got it, so re-engineering it won't be difficult.
Thanks for the ideas. My time is somewhat limited, so I don't feel like throwing away what I've done (I know, I know, sunk cost and all). I'd actually started what you suggested: find a scrub who kinda looks like my college guys, and make them. I'll end up making 7 guys: 1 from Eastern Illinois, 2 from Boise, and 4 from Wisconsin.

I was thinking of letting them sit as free agents for some amount of time, as it would be more realistic for them to have been drafted by another team. How long into the 1st season before the CPU starts signing players? Or would you recommend I just assign them out as appropriate?

With the draft, there are 1-3 players from my team that will end up in next year's draft. I'll probably choose one of the players during the season, start pretending he's one of my guys, and will edit him once drafted. For future seasons, I'll make sure to import an edited draft class.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.