View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
PhantomLord
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is defense improved, or is it still FIFA, if goalies ran away from shots?

Hi all,

I have an interest in NBA 2K18, but I had a very, very big issue with last year's game, which I'll link to here for those who don't remember or didn't see it.

NBA = FIFA, if goalies randomly ran away from the net to let you score

Basically, I'm wondering, if you are playing vs. the AI, is defense still flat-out broken? There were workarounds last year, adjusting all sorts of tendencies and ACE settings, but the base game was broken against the AI. As you'll see from the title of the thread I linked, I likened to it if it were FIFA, and goalies just ran out of the net to let shots get in. The videos linked in the above thread will perfectly demonstrate what I'm referring to.

If this is fixed, this game will absolutely be worth getting for me. Prior to 2K17, I loved and played the holy crap out of every 2K game for years. Last year, I couldn't play the game. I'm a sim gamer, offline player, and franchise mode was no fun when my defense would literally run away from their men to let them get wide open shots. From what I could tell from talking to people throughout the game cycle, the problem never really got fixed with patches, which means I barely touched the game (tested a few random times to see if it was better) in the last six months or so.

I know it's early with the new game, but any thoughts on this? Any of the guys from that thread giving 2K18 a chance and want to weigh in?

I'm not bashing the game. There was a TON to like about 2K17. I just couldn't personally play it due to my frustrations with these issues. This new game looks fantastic, but I HAVE to know if this is better.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove