Home

Fight Night Round 4 In Production

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 In Production within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: IGN: Fight Night Round 4 In Production

Can't wait! I really liked Round 3, especially the CAB feature.

Career mode was very weak though and got really boring after you couldn't lose.

I hope they improve it, and give it a deeper feel of control.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

The first thing I thought when I played FN3 was wow they slowed it down, which I thought meant better fatigue implementation, more fights reaching decision, and betters strategy due to the fight styles. Honestly after a few weeks it felt the same, every fight would end early and unless you played another human, the A.I. was to predictable.

1. I wish the developers would make the Parry similar to KK2001, very subtle and not abusable.

2. The punches to have effects depending on position and timing similar to Victorious boxers 1.

3. The speed of the punches and movements similar to FN1.

4. Then a real career starting maybe in the golden gloves, then olympics, and then professional.

5. More diverse boxing gyms and stadiums to box in.

6. Trainers with real tips and strategies

7. Some kind of fatigue system that takes into account how often you fight and the beating you took and didn't take.

**I am not asking for a lot or am I**

Peace
Old 02-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

things i would like to see

- Boxers wear robes and belts to the ring. If boxer has say 4 belts his entourage should hold up the rest of the belts during the entrance.

- Knocked through the ropes and out of the ring animation rare.

- ability to use music on ur 360 for your entrance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
The first thing I thought when I played FN3 was wow they slowed it down, which I thought meant better fatigue implementation, more fights reaching decision, and betters strategy due to the fight styles. Honestly after a few weeks it felt the same, every fight would end early and unless you played another human, the A.I. was to predictable.

1. I wish the developers would make the Parry similar to KK2001, very subtle and not abusable.

2. The punches to have effects depending on position and timing similar to Victorious boxers 1.

3. The speed of the punches and movements similar to FN1.

4. Then a real career starting maybe in the golden gloves, then olympics, and then professional.

5. More diverse boxing gyms and stadiums to box in.

6. Trainers with real tips and strategies

7. Some kind of fatigue system that takes into account how often you fight and the beating you took and didn't take.

**I am not asking for a lot or am I**

Peace
I don't think you are,if I could piggy back on your suggestions I would also like to see

1. Better Presentation-Two man commentary like Max Kellerman and Tony Atlas,etc. Better crowd atmosphere,big fights should feel like big fights.

2. Career Mode- Hear me out,how about this.Have a "Decade Mode" were you can create-a-fighter in a certain Era like the 70's,80's,90's etc.....Say for instances that if you choose to fight in the 80's in the Weltereweight division,then you would have to fight guys like Sugar Ray,Marvin Hagler,Tommie Hearns,Duran etc....and to give it that feel of that Era.

3.Make the Jab a very nessesary and effective punch in the game.

4. Is it so hard to ask for a scorecard from round to round,instead of hearing the commentator tell us who won the round.

5. Make the unlockable fighters guys that where real boxers and fighters that we will use...(I never like the Under Armor Guy)
Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I don't think you are,if I could piggy back on your suggestions I would also like to see

1. Better Presentation-Two man commentary like Max Kellerman and Tony Atlas,etc. Better crowd atmosphere,big fights should feel like big fights.

2. Career Mode- Hear me out,how about this.Have a "Decade Mode" were you can create-a-fighter in a certain Era like the 70's,80's,90's etc.....Say for instances that if you choose to fight in the 80's in the Weltereweight division,then you would have to fight guys like Sugar Ray,Marvin Hagler,Tommie Hearns,Duran etc....and to give it that feel of that Era.

3.Make the Jab a very nessesary and effective punch in the game.

4. Is it so hard to ask for a scorecard from round to round,instead of hearing the commentator tell us who won the round.

5. Make the unlockable fighters guys that where real boxers and fighters that we will use...(I never like the Under Armor Guy)
I like all of your ideas except for #4. I don't want to know how far ahead or behind I am. It makes it more dramatic if the commentators felt you were ahead but you lost. Or if you think it's close, you need a KO in the 12th.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

I would like to see the jab used more but more so in Combination usage. And I would also like to see varying types of the jab. In CAP why I understand the different styles but why not have different punch types along with different styles. There are jabs, up-jabs, double jabs, jabs used to measure, and some use their jabs as power punches (ala Bazooka Quartey) and even screw jabs. Plus many more.

So instead of just a jab, let us select the type of jab we want to use.

We need more attributes for hand and footspeed too. And also more animations. Lennox Lewis's jab looks nothing like Floyds. Put that in the game.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 17

Must have a traditional ranking system in career mode. That popularity thing was about the dumbest thing i've ever seen in a sports title. And if you win the belt, I want to see my fighter wearing that belt into the ring for every single rematch. And if my guy is the champ........he is NOT announced first before the match. The challenger comes in first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

In my game informer they said it was canned

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »