Home

EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition

This is a discussion on EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #97
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
All right. If EA isn't canceling the pc version because it isn't a money maker, why are they doing so?
Maybe it's not making them enough money by their standards and they'd prefer to reassign the tiny resources they did have designated to PC over to aid their console department. Going off their product these past few years they could use as much help as they can get. Or maybe EA just don't like PC - one of their leading execs said as much (although I'm sure they'll love PC when Spore hits, providing it doesn't require them to actually make any patches anyway). Who knows, all I really know is a platform that has millions of gamers on it deserves to have the US's largest exclusive sporting license covered, or in the least, if EA aren't interested anymore, it deserves to have the NFL license opened for others to take on.

And you know what the really funny thing is? despite EA efforts to do otherwise by just throwing the PS2 version over and calling it a day, 08 PC was the best version last year, and 07 PC the best the year before. I don't think I came across anyone who gave the PC and any other version both a fair go saying otherwise. The PC has so much potential for a football game that even a bastardized version is better than what they've managed to do on the consoles, and yet they seem to think the problem is with the platform, not the fact they don't try to make the PC version special.

Perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise for a truely capable developer to come along. After all, the PC only needs a generic game, the editing communities can do the rest.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition

EAs marketing machine is absolutely brilliant.

For the last 6 months all we have been reading is how much a piece of trash madden 08 was and no one was going to blindly purchase 09.

Now...instead of people sticking to the fact they wont buy 09, they are now willing to shell out 90 bucks for it!!!

EA should have its own classes taught in all college of businesses around the world. Pure absolute genius at work there.

Head coach had abysmal sales, so instead of release it seperatly again...and have horrible sales again...they bundle it with Madden...with options Madden should have had in the first place....and BAM!!! 90 bucks.

I certainly agree with other posters in the fact that the Madden AI cant handle hot routes and play changes as it is. The intro to custom made plays will lead to so much cheesing and abusing the AI that it wont even be funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »