Home

Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: new madden 09 trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Can't say that speed is the only thing because the pursuit angles are bad.

Knowing that, as long as the turnovers aren't an issue, I'm ok. This game actually looks like it's trying to capture the crowd intensity of an NFL game....

That's all I want. Madden is decent but as long as they're trying I'll enjoy the game. And it's obvious their trying this year. Plenty of post play cuts that actually make sense... great stat overlays... lots of nice little additions.

I'm far from a Madden ***** but IMO if you can't tell they're trying to engross the player, then you should get out of football gaming. They're not going to scrap the engine but they're at least doing more with it.
I dunno, looks too much of the same, but I am looking at the SD version. Why can't they scrap the engine? I think its about time. The game is getting stale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #106
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

Did anyone notice that neither QB held their throwing elbows up like high schoolers?

Looks like EA listened to a FEW complaints...

I thought the vid looked great... can't wait

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
Is it just me, or did that video look REALLY FREAKIN SIMILAR to this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU in terms of player models and lighting and whatnot.
Unfortunately everything else about that bull crap promo vid is still missing. The better animations, incredibly in-depth atmosphere, the player and coach interactions, etc. I still remember when people saw that a lot said there is no way we get that for at least 3 years, while some said they believed EA would deliver in year 1. Well here we are 3 years later and still not even close.

Last edited by thmst30; 05-02-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #108
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like during the playcalling screen you dont get to see any of the field and players and stuff. That is different than it has been right?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
I dont see how the player models look good, look at vince wilfork, ever see the size of his gut? In the game he is lean with a washboard stomach. Its atrocious.
Yep, that stood out for me too. EA's attention to detail just isn't there. If they inaccurately modeled some 4th string no-name, that's one thing; but to have a complete inaccurate model of one of the leagues best DT's is unacceptable. Leaves me assuming there will be many other items lacking.

That said, it's still all about gameplay for me. I can deal with a "too skinny" DT if the gameplay accurately depicts real football (within reason). Player models can probably be fixed thru a player edit function, but if gameplay is bad, that's not fixable by the end-user?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 8

After viewing the vid a few times, bottom-line the player physic and animation needs major work.
1. Sure Tackle? It seems in all Madden games 95% of the tackles are one hit and done. No struggle!!! Just two hits, the defender hitting the offensive player and the offensive player hitting the ground. BORING! and not real football. Most offensive players are taught to fight for more yards and also attempt to fall forward.
2. No driving of the legs while being tackled and the fight for more yardage. 2K did nice work on this. Pressing the A button to fight the tackle and the defender doing the same to make the tackle.
3. QB animation and throwing variances is out dated. Every QB in the league throws and moves the same??? I thought it was IN THE GAME??
4. RB should be able to make an immediate football move upon approaching defenders. This pre-determine hit and tackle needs to stop.
5. WR catching animation variance.
6. CB,S, LB ball swatting and tackle variance
7. Real gang tackling. Two or more defenders actually making a stop.

To me, these changes will make a fun/exciting football game. I might have missed a few, but I am sure it was mentioned on this forum.

One good thing I noticed was EA took out the god awful slide animation. This was highly visible during kickoffs and punt returns. The returner would normally slide to the spot in order to receive the punt. Now they move realistically per the vid. Good one EA. Now just make the rest of the animation and physic changes and we might have a game. Ha!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 15

I just hope that each team plays different this year. I want to see the Pats throwing deep to Moss, the Bengals spreading the passes around to different receivers, Romo throwing deep to TO, the Vikings using their 2 back attack etc.

If they can't get the team tendacies right, this game will get boring real quick. I want every game played in season mode to be different. Madden has all of the team's playbooks, now they need to find a way to get the AI to mimic the tendacies of the teams IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 3

That trailer looked nice but I'm still gonna rent it first. EA are experts at the trailer with the music attached.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »