Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #33
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Kansas' rating across the board are too low! KSU, Nebraska, and Colorado all have higher overall ratings!?!? WTF EA? I realize KU loses an All-American CB on defense, but most of the high powered offense returns. Many returning starters on defense also...a D that was overshadowed most of the year by the Offense putting up big numbers.

My opinion:
Overall: 86
Offense:89
Defense:83
Ohio State, Georgia and Florida State are all ridiculously overrated. I do think OSU and UGA are gonna be NC contenders..but 99s?

Florida State is a protected team by EA. It does not matter what they do no the field. They could literally go 0-11 and still be rated as a top 5 team on this game.

So basically EA what you are saying is that OSU and UGA both would match up even with 95 Nebraska, 96 Florida, 01 Miami, etc.?

And the eternal "B to B+" curse plagues my Auburn Tigers yet again. A defense that EVERY publication expects to be one of the best in the nation gets an incredible 87 rating....or a defense rated equal to Ole Freaking Miss. If Florida is getting a 94 on Defense..then Auburn damn sure deserves it. Hell..AU returns 8 starters on Defense, finished 6th in the nation in total D, 1st in the SEC in scoring D (yes..that's right, ahead of almighty LSU's D) and, according to EA Sports, is a worse defense than Tennessee (92), South Carolina (92), Florida (94), LSU (96), and Georgia (99). F*** You EA.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 05-14-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #34
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

LOL @ OKLA's 99 offense... they just lost their best WR and their starting RB... but whatever!

Also LOL at Texas. They lost 7 starters of offense but still has 89 OFF. 92 Defense??? with 2 new safeties and unproven corners and sliding a DE to DT because they have no depth there?... they are playing an ex RB at DE now... The LB's are some of the best around... but 92???

Then TAMU... vastly underrated. They've beat Texas 2 years straight now... Give them something! They will have the best running attack in the nation probably. (Goodspn, Lane, and McGee... and the back-up will be seeing some PT, and he can run too!

I hope these change... LSU's offense needs to go down too now. No experienced signal caller... your offense should not be rated over 85 IMO
Old 05-14-2008, 02:46 AM   #35
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

lol, I live in Tallahassee and my roomy/cuz plays DE for Fsu. I'm hear to tell you that a 99 on D and 92 on O is very deserving.
Yea if Easports visits warchant.com they will realize how far off their ratings really are. W/ the departure of a starting LB. And starting FS and O lineman being ruled academ eneligible. My rating for Fsu would be. Lets not forget their biggest playmaker on O and impact player(noticed on vids) Preston parker has a gun and drug charge pending

Offense: 83 still overarated prob

Deffense: 87 at best

And Ohio State all 99s the same team that gets to the big show and destroyed every year WTF??? oh yea
The gm doesnt leave room for upsets, 99 is perfect the only way a team should be perfect is if all players are also all 99s. It gets old to play through a dynasty only to see USC there every yr last yr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #36
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Maybe OSU has a new 'roid monkey to replace Gholston that we don't know about and EA does?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #37
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Kansas' rating across the board are too low! KSU, Nebraska, and Colorado all have higher overall ratings!?!? WTF EA? I realize KU loses an All-American CB on defense, but most of the high powered offense returns. Many returning starters on defense also...a D that was overshadowed most of the year by the Offense putting up big numbers.

My opinion:
Overall: 86
Offense:89
Defense:83

KU's
ratings are laughable..

i'm not saying they're necessarily going to have the same year they did last year but c'mon: 77 overall? 81 offense? 78 defense? after an 11-1 season?? and beating Virginia Tech in the bowl game? and almost beating 94overall Missouri in the Big 12 championship? in this game a 77 would (or at least should) get CRUSHED by a 94 overall team..

c'mon..

i mean heck, Notre Dame's ratings are: 81overall, 83offense, 82defense, respectively and they went 3-9. Kansas State's ratings are: 81overall, 81offense, 85defense, respectively and they went 5-7. Nebraska's ratings are: 81overally, 88offense, 80 defense, respectively and they went 5-7 also!

for KU i was/am thinking more along the lines of:
86overall
87offense
86defense

Last edited by beau21; 05-14-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #38
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Ohio State is a 99 on offense? That is almost as hilarious as Florida's 94 on defense. Georgia has 99s across the board just like Ohio State. I love video games rating methodologies. Just comical.

How does OSU and UGA have a 99 on offense and Florida only has a 96? Oh well. I guess it will feel better when I whoop the OSU or UGA in a game with the "underdog" #5 Florida Gators. LOL.

I can't wait for this game!! 62 days left!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #39
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Ohio State, Georgia and Florida State are all ridiculously overrated. I do think OSU and UGA are gonna be NC contenders..but 99s?

Florida State is a protected team by EA. It does not matter what they do no the field. They could literally go 0-11 and still be rated as a top 5 team on this game.

So basically EA what you are saying is that OSU and UGA both would match up even with 95 Nebraska, 96 Florida, 01 Miami, etc.?

And the eternal "B to B+" curse plagues my Auburn Tigers yet again. A defense that EVERY publication expects to be one of the best in the nation gets an incredible 87 rating....or a defense rated equal to Ole Freaking Miss. If Florida is getting a 94 on Defense..then Auburn damn sure deserves it. Hell..AU returns 8 starters on Defense, finished 6th in the nation in total D, 1st in the SEC in scoring D (yes..that's right, ahead of almighty LSU's D) and, according to EA Sports, is a worse defense than Tennessee (92), South Carolina (92), Florida (94), LSU (96), and Georgia (99). F*** You EA.
Well said. Especially the highlighted parts.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #40
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
First off, thanks for the screens. Yes, Florida State's rankings are way off. Hopefully that will be adjusted. Defensively, the Noles do a good job with Mickey Andrews, but they've been lacking offense for years. That's a team with a defense in the low 90s and an offense in the high 70s.

Kansas Offense: 81 - Too Low, Nebraska Offense: 88 - Too High

Fresno State Defense: 69 - Too Low, Florida Defense: 94 - Too High

UCLA Defense: 82 - Too Low, Oklahoma Defense: 94 - Too High
Too Nebraska defense, they had a top 10 offense last year so the 88 is on point. Now KU? I do think thats a little too low for them. Although they dont have the talent across the board I still believe they should be ranked atleast a 84. Some of these rankings are just plain ridiculous! FLA, FSU, Miami, OSU are rated way too high....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »